I couldn’t get the video to play but from the reply’s it suggests you didn’t have a die on the case back.

if you wound the thread down in the centre of the case back you’d have dented it and that’s why it’s popping off.

turn the case back upside down (off watch!) and put the outside edge on a suitable die and wind the thread in the centre to bend it back again.

then use a die on both side of the watch as near to the edges as possible 

and don’t be taking bits of the retainer ring, that’s just a bodge 

The video was started after I had removed the top die, wouldn’t put a watch in without a die on top and bottom  the back goes on completely flat but pops off  after a short time longest it stays on is 15 mins. yes it’s a first for me been fitting them 20 years   Frustrating back to skagen it goes

12 hours ago, Ian platt said:

The video was started after I had removed the top die, wouldn’t put a watch in without a die on top and bottom  the back goes on completely flat but pops off  after a short time longest it stays on is 15 mins. yes it’s a first for me been fitting them 20 years   Frustrating back to skagen it goes

Is the back fully straight?

Is the watch case straight?

Has it been taken to another watch repair shop just before you?

Has the customer had go himself?

Sorry you've had a problem, and this close to Christmas too. That's why I charge a little bit more for the fashion brands, like diesel, fossil, skagen against the "proper" watch  brands like seiko, rotary, accurist. They are just more likely to throw you a curved ball.

Here's a skagen that fell apart when I put the back on few months ago. Ended up costing me about £60.  ( it's  been stripped for parts). At least the customer still ended up happy.20191209_094946.jpg

Mike.