Any ideas on how I'd source a crown or a stem with crown fitted for this movement? The crown seems to have sheared off the stem so not sure just trying to screw on a new crown would necessarily work. Have already tried salvaging a crown from an existing movement and that plan didn't work due to a difference in stem length. Thanks

IMG_1842.JPG

You can buy crowns from Cousins. You can buy selections or individually. You need to know some measurements but their pictures show which.

you can replace the stems or if salvaging the original you can snip it off a little shorter and fit a stem extender and then shorten that to make the length required.

Lee

you wont get a stem with crown fitted, you can order stem from movement number and also order tap 9 steel/gilet/silver crown to rough size

or order a small mixed tray of crowns, around £15.. one of them bound to fit and they will come handy in future

you are going to have to cut the stem to size, plenty of videos on youtube for that

On 11/30/2019 at 10:04 PM, Lee said:

Did you send this to me? I had a watch arrive today with no covering letter to say what it needed or return address?

Hiya Lee - yes sorry, I sent an email to explain its arrival (per your offer) - sounds like it hasn't arrived!! ](*,)

Sorry - must have been a bit confusing!

It arrived, never got an email.

i get watches every day through the post you’re best to put a letter saying what needs doing and a return address because I have so many conversations over the week from all sources it’s hard to keep track of what’s what & for who otherwise.

ping me a return address and I’ll send it back.

Lee

7 hours ago, NYKeys said:

To be honest second class standard would have done

Only special delivery insures Jewellery in the postal system. I use special delivery to cover MY risks.

ive never had a watch go missing but can guarantee if one did, the customer would want it replaced & with special delivery I’m covered.

Lee