Sign in to follow this  
lock&quay

New miracle A9 or second hand Silca 299

Have a A9 & a Silca 299 in our Stansted branch. The A9 is a great all rounder but not to great with cylinder keys. We cut a few restricted keys on mass from time to time & i wouldn't dream of cutting them on the A9 as it would take an age & does struggle with the thicker cylinder blanks. We got the 299 in for this reason. I must say though it's one of the first generation of A9 & is a great for vehicle & dimple keys.  

If your only going to cut cylinder keys the silca machine is quicker & a better cut.

2 minutes ago, CDTL said:

would love one but would you buy second hand Graham ?

Yes, ask how many keys it has cut it will be in the menu under Options/Serial Number.

Machines parts are still available so yes i would buy one second hand.

My 399 has cut 89,122 so far and never misses a beat.

5 hours ago, grahamparker said:

As great as it may be it still will not be as good as a second hand Silca machine.

What would it be like cutting  Anker slot key , they are pretty thick & have some deep cuts ?

6 hours ago, lockdecoders said:

It should be no problem as the S10 motors are very powerful. They are twice the size and power of previous of our previous machines. Aannnd there are 2 of them.

What about the new A9 ?

On 8/29/2019 at 10:03 AM, lockdecoders said:

It should be no problem as the S10 motors are very powerful. They are twice the size and power of previous of our previous machines. Aannnd there are 2 of them.

are there any you tube videos of one in action ? 

On 9/5/2019 at 10:28 AM, lockdecoders said:

The A9E is a much more powerful and very quiet version of the A9 machines. All new machines now come with a 10 inch Microsoft Surface Go tablet.

According to there web site it has 27w motors & it seems that the keyline ninja is 180w ? & What's the benefit of the S10 over the edge ?

I would not dream of cutting them on the A9 as it might take an age & does war with the thicker cylinder blanks linesheets app. We got the 299 in for this reason. I have to say even though it's one of the first era of A9 & is a first rate for automobile & dimple keys.