We have just had a fake Fossil watch in for a battery, popped back off and fitted a battery perfectly ok, refitted the back and it stays on for a few seconds and flies off, tried a new seal, remove the seal but it still does the same, left in the press for 10 minutes then released and within a few seconds the back pops off and lands about 4 inches away. Any ideas or tips to cure this would be appreciated. Customer coming back tomorrow.  Many thanks in advance.

I had such cases in Chinese watches
Well-chosen dies sizes should help
I remember that recently I had  one
After an hour, sweaty and pissed off
I heard a click, it was a beautiful sound 

8 hours ago, Masterapprentice said:

Thanks for the replies, tried both the above and one or both worked in the end, finally got a click and stayed on 

Good for you, there is usually a way to solve a problem but it's not always obvious at first.

Always do a proper check before you take in a watch. This could easily have been done by inexperienced watch repairers who done this to it, you think you did but maybe not. I get things like this. One another advice while we on topic always check that the crown fully comes out and it turning the hands. I had customers who’s steam is broken I fix watch then while setting time I noticed it’s broken from before but too late. That was few years ago.

sorry to talk off the topic

2 things.  Why bother faking a Fossil :smt043  Secondly, I find sometimes a little sealing grease that you use on the gasket will sometimes help things move.  Also, not sure how you would do it in a shop, but if you could cool it down that might help?  Heat expands metal so maybe the reverse might help?