Had this key in today, very similar to ERA 7 Guage but it's 6 Guage and the bit is longer than ERA. Cutt it on universal mortice blank but just wonder if there are specific blanks for this key?

20190420_095933.jpg

20190420_095939.jpg

Last time had one in   , the universal 6G done the job, but I thought there must be a specific blank for it. 

I will check  Guardian/Imperial blanks next time. 

Thanks for your assistance Rick and Graham..  

Though the whole point of this thread was it looks like an era 4g, but it's  not.

This blank always throws me, you automatically reach for era 4g. I cut it on a universal. 

As for a blank, would the manufacturers want to legally do a "fake" key.

If this is the same key I have come across a few times recently, Era viscount looking, approximately 7 gauge etc., when you measure the shaft you will find it is actually oval. The shaft is 7½ gauge across and 7, sometimes even 6½, gauge top to bottom. The bit of the key is usually taller than an Era too.

7 hours ago, keyman said:

Apols for resurrecting an old thread but, for those of you that didn't know, a genuine blank is available...

Davenports GL118 / KB1809

https://www.davenport-burgess.com/products/KB1809-SECURIT-5L-BS-BLANK-TO-SUIT-LOCKS-B1781-B1894/P136606

Wow, what a badly made bit of tat, but I've still added it to my basket.( just in case.)

10 hours ago, keyman said:

Apols for resurrecting an old thread but, for those of you that didn't know, a genuine blank is available...

Davenports GL118 / KB1809

https://www.davenport-burgess.com/products/KB1809-SECURIT-5L-BS-BLANK-TO-SUIT-LOCKS-B1781-B1894/P136606

Never apologize for helping others. Great spot and good valuable information. I will order some in next time i order as i have seen a few of these.