On 2/2/2019 at 11:52 AM, Count Muppet said:

I worry about the boredom of it all. I know at first it would be exciting but after a few years it would all get a bit too much. There is the gamble also of course and I’ll be in a much better position to think about it again in a couple of years.

there also doesn’t seem to be too many places to set up near me these days, although with timpson slowly pulling out of high streets I was thinking it may be a good business plan to take over one of their old units as I would have a rough idea of turnover and could use this to forecast a couple of years ahead to reduce the gamble a little.

Already offered him my place Graham but he's a bit too far away, and Count I've been at it for 46 years and I'm not bored yet.

I aint that far behind you gray the only time I get bored is with the flaming handbag repairs ,oh and cleaning the no nails off diy jobs that they try themselves ,as for timpsons level one exam ,if we are all honest about it how many of us would accept it as a benchmark for hiring them ,would not mind betting most of us would use it as a starting point and then change what he has been tought 

14 hours ago, elfman said:

I aint that far behind you gray the only time I get bored is with the flaming handbag repairs ,oh and cleaning the no nails off diy jobs that they try themselves ,as for timpsons level one exam ,if we are all honest about it how many of us would accept it as a benchmark for hiring them ,would not mind betting most of us would use it as a starting point and then change what he has been tought 

Great point!

what is level 1?

does anybody outside Timpson actually know?