petercoulson

Ebay sometimes staggers

More and more there are machines advertised on ebay that you just look and think that someone is going to be mugged if they buy that, sometimes there are some real bargains on there but this listing just blows my mind. This is an outsole stitcher that was obsolete from 1945 on. They say it has some damage and some welding will fix it.  And they want £1700????? I think they  must have meant £1.70 and got carried away.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shoe-Repair-Machine-Outsole-Stitcher-Pederson-Goodyear-Collect-from-Coventry/254095994926?hash=item3b294d302e:g:FI8AAOSwJ3RcErw-:rk:14:pf:0

Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 19.09.39.png

I had one for 20yrs if id  had a swear box  , recon I would  have had the money for a  new one,  last one I bought was years ago from tim healy  paid 50   if you want a good ebay laught there was  a rather nice clean looking  8500 finisher  for £1500

All I will say is 'buyer beware'

We have heard a few stories from people who have bought machinery in good faith only to be disappointed in the item once collected,  thats not to say that all machinery is poor on e-bay though.

For peace of mind, buy from a reputable Company, yes, you WILL pay more, but the machine will be supportable for many years to come.

mind before you slag off that 309 remember its got a new drive belt , now on a serious note I bought a set of electric pliers off e bay from an e bay seller well happy with them , now I have a friend who paid far too much for 2 stitchers a vintage victor & a chain stitch buyer beware is right

have the 3 phase version converted single phase

no gripes  do trade stitching as well all

happy most times its user not machine

had 2 as above worked well for years  till parts became problem

i will post some pics

Got machines of ebay and meet the guy before buying believe me he was trustworthy and man of his words (Suleiman was his name) we dealt in cash all so no PayPal and I got 5 machines of him one I had a issue with he said ok take two more from me choose the best one you like and bring the one you don’t like, what else can I ask for.