Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
abababa

Yale superior - becoming more bothersome

Recommended Posts

I've been reading the threads on these and have cut hundreds on the futura over the last few years with very few returns but out of the last dozen, I've had 3 different returns because the key won't fully go in the lock...all relitivly new doors...

I'm sure if it got in, it would work... All have been remedied by recutting the key and doing the snake cut manually. Those sharp points on the first cut must be catching before the last pin. Has anyone had any feedback from Silca on this? @Matt@Silca are you aware of this? Cheers

P.s Futura key is the top one

IMG_20190112_114615005_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190112_114622328.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Count Muppet said:

 It’s quicker and more accurate 

Not when cutting on a Triax it isn't.

We have cut well over a 1000 of these on the Triax and not had 1 back, i did have some early issues with the keys been a little tight when turning in the lock but i have manually adjusted all my cutting cards to cut the Z axis -10 deeper and that cured the problem.

I only use either Keyline or Silca blanks and change the cutter when any burrs start to appear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Count Muppet said:

If the original key is available it always seems to be better to cut the C manually. It’s quicker and more accurate 

You're right but i can do other things while it's cutting so it's handy for me being by myself

1 minute ago, grahamparker said:

Not when cutting on a Triax it isn't.

We have cut well over a 1000 of these on the Triax and not had 1 back, i did have some early issues with the keys been a little tight when turning in the lock but i have manually adjusted all my cutting cards to cut the Z axis -10 deeper and that cured the problem.

I only use either Keyline or Silca blanks and change the cutter when any burrs start to appear.

Graham.  Would your triax have cut the tip of the key the same as the futura in the pic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, grahamparker said:

Not when cutting on a Triax it isn't.

We have cut well over a 1000 of these on the Triax and not had 1 back, i did have some early issues with the keys been a little tight when turning in the lock but i have manually adjusted all my cutting cards to cut the Z axis -10 deeper and that cured the problem.

I only use either Keyline or Silca blanks and change the cutter when any burrs start to appear.

I thought he had a futura?

takes around 30 secs per key manually or nearly 5 mins per key on futura.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Count Muppet said:

I thought he had a futura?

takes around 30 secs per key manually or nearly 5 mins per key on futura.

I do have the Futura... and it is slow.... but personally id like to do it automatically on the furtua without any major problems...or at least have the option to do it without this issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, abababa said:

You're right but i can do other things while it's cutting so it's handy for me being by myself

Graham.  Would your triax have cut the tip of the key the same as the futura in the pic?

Not sure to be honest I just cut them and either post or sell them. Next one I cut I will take a photo to show how it cuts them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×