stevecoco

ls 100 LASER FAULT

Had a similar issue with mine and got a massive quote from Gravograph to fix it not knowing what the issue was.

Took it to a local Electronics repair company and the owner who is also a great friend of mine, they said nearly every fixing Nut/Screw/Bolt was loose underneath so strip the cover away and check all these first before calling someone in.

From your description it does sound like the micro switch has failed/snapped or broken internally.

On 10/10/2018 at 10:50 PM, beware said:
3 hours ago, stevecoco said:

Maybe need to chat with "beware"

Maybe.... 

End of travel error on a laser and the bed moving down usually means your auto focus flexible sensor is stuck up. 

Clean the auto z mechanism first. 

If it is currently moving upwards then the limit switch bottom left has been damaged. 

Contrary to popular belief we do try to diagnose issues before quoting high figures for repair and about 60% of the time can fix things over the phone. 

B

Yes that's the first thing I did. Still doing the same. If you have facebook messenger I could actually show you what it is doing. Is there a magic reset back to factory settings button. I cannot afford to pull anymore hair out. lol

Finally fixed my machine. Not for the feint of heart though. Got my trusted volt meter out found a broken circuit to one of the microswitches. One on left in the black truncated flexible tubing. Wire was broken inside, re spliced it. working fine. Phew