Shoe Repairer Forum

make your own shoes,.

42 minutes ago, k4mrc said:

I had a customer into my shop and was asking for parts of materials that I'd never been asked for before - she explained she was making her own shoes which she read on the internet.

After a little searching I fond this -

https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Shoes

Maybe this site should adopt similar themes?

Behave yourself. Even with my years in the trade I couldn't make a pair of shoes........... My Great Grandad could.............. Actually I don't know that because he died long before I was born so he never told me he could....... But my Grandad could so I'm assuming skills were passed on to him, and then by the time they got to me (4th Generation) nobody gave a shit anymore. 

16 hours ago, Gray said:

Behave yourself. Even with my years in the trade I couldn't make a pair of shoes........... My Great Grandad could.............. Actually I don't know that because he died long before I was born so he never told me he could....... But my Grandad could so I'm assuming skills were passed on to him, and then by the time they got to me (4th Generation) nobody gave a shit anymore. 

My Grandad who was a shoe repairer before me, used to make the occasional pair of shoes.  In fact I have a set of vintage books explaning the whole procedure indepth.  I think there are a bout 6 thick books.

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I've heard of people making their own shoes a lot recently, especially jewelers. The buzz has really started with the diamond brogues that were sold for thousands last year. Diamonds were attached to grub screws and drilled into the soles of the shoes! 

• 5 months later...