Onisan2000

Paxton Bullet Fob Copier

Arrived this morning. Not sure when I'll get to test it as we don't get asked for these fobs every day (the light doesn't flash when one of the supplied blanks are inserted, that's probably normal behaviour).

First impression of the device; I don't like when a 'warranty void if removed' sticker is placed over the screwholes on a 3D printed case. Bit odd to use a USB-A socket on it rather than micro or USB-C, not a dealbreaker but not very durable either. 

It came with some written instructions which start with 'VIDEO (click to view)' I tried tapping the paper, but it didn't help much. If I didn't know about the video posted earlier in this thread I'd be at a loss, so a written URL would have been smart.

Edited by GLENGRAVING

Almost sold my first two fobs today

The customer's fob had a red ring. The copier machine flashed red three times upon reading the fob [indicating that it's a 'PAC GDX' type fob], so it couldnt be duplicated. 

Hopefully not all the local closes use the same entry system. 

Edited by GLENGRAVING

5 minutes ago, GLENGRAVING said:

Almost sold my first two fobs today

The customer's fob had a red ring. The copier machine flashed red three times upon reading the fob [indicating that it's a 'PAC GDX' type fob], so it couldnt be duplicated. 

Hopefully not all the local apartment bocks use the same entry system. 

What i have found helpful is printing photos of Paxton and Pac GDX panels and readers so when customers come in we ask them to point to the reader/panel that they have 

Had my second inquiry today. Customer's fob had a yellow ring. 

Copied it following the instructions, all went well [no red flashing this time]. Customer returned it an hour later saying it didn't work.

Tried a second fob in case it was an anomaly, that was returned too. A friend with the copier machine at the other side of the city experienced a failed copy on a yellow ring fob too. 

Is there something about the yellow fobs which are incompatible?

Edited by GLENGRAVING

On 10/11/2019 at 5:00 PM, GlennGlenn said:

Does anyone have recent experience with the Paxton fob copier.

All seems to have gone very quiet.

Considering purchasing one if still available.

hi I bought one, after being asked a few times, 

Not sold one yet. some mo nth in, I would recommend NOT

sent ours back 

depends on your location I suppose - had plenty attempts, but no success, due to the systems that the nearby buildings use seemingly being incompatible 

in the right location it could be okay. no way to find out in advance afaik, and not a cheap gamble