Shoe Repairer Forum

Paxton Bullet Fob Copier

• 2 weeks later...

Arrived this morning. Not sure when I'll get to test it as we don't get asked for these fobs every day (the light doesn't flash when one of the supplied blanks are inserted, that's probably normal behaviour).

First impression of the device; I don't like when a 'warranty void if removed' sticker is placed over the screwholes on a 3D printed case. Bit odd to use a USB-A socket on it rather than micro or USB-C, not a dealbreaker but not very durable either. 

It came with some written instructions which start with 'VIDEO (click to view)' I tried tapping the paper, but it didn't help much. If I didn't know about the video posted earlier in this thread I'd be at a loss, so a written URL would have been smart.

Edited by GLENGRAVING

• 2 weeks later...

Almost sold my first two fobs today

The customer's fob had a red ring. The copier machine flashed red three times upon reading the fob [indicating that it's a 'PAC GDX' type fob], so it couldnt be duplicated. 

Hopefully not all the local closes use the same entry system. 

Edited by GLENGRAVING

5 minutes ago, GLENGRAVING said:

Almost sold my first two fobs today

The customer's fob had a red ring. The copier machine flashed red three times upon reading the fob [indicating that it's a 'PAC GDX' type fob], so it couldnt be duplicated. 

Hopefully not all the local apartment bocks use the same entry system. 

What i have found helpful is printing photos of Paxton and Pac GDX panels and readers so when customers come in we ask them to point to the reader/panel that they have 

Had my second inquiry today. Customer's fob had a yellow ring. 

Copied it following the instructions, all went well [no red flashing this time]. Customer returned it an hour later saying it didn't work.

Tried a second fob in case it was an anomaly, that was returned too. A friend with the copier machine at the other side of the city experienced a failed copy on a yellow ring fob too. 

Is there something about the yellow fobs which are incompatible?

Edited by GLENGRAVING

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/8/2019 at 6:28 PM, westjr71 said:

Where can i purchase one

Where can i purchase one ?

Please PM me.

https://www.davenport-burgess.com/search.aspx?s=paxton

Tony Wilkin  : Business Development Manage / Customer Support   :Tel:  07572 216446    Email: twilkin@davenport-burgess.com   w:  www.davenport-burgess.com 

image.png

• 6 months later...

Is there much interest in cloning Paxton fobs? I wanted to do some myself recently, but wasn't going to pay £700 for a cloner, so I ended up creating my own cloning system. Now I've spent the time and effort, it occurred to me I might be able to sell a few if people were interested. I'm wondering if there's a market for a much more reasonably priced alternative to the TDF1?

6 minutes ago, Onisan2000 said:

or even staying with the tech and getting a cheaper auto cloner on the market.

Xhorse mini already out there so don't waste your time

https://www.xhorse.co.uk/wholesale/xhorse-vvdi-mini-key-tool.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw2P-KBhByEiwADBYWCo4k49c5JrM32Z2TCQgXZfM6MwBWAgZWOCBe-aVRW0bExAJvNDJSFxoCmaIQAvD_BwE

Thanks, I wasn't aware of alternative cloners (the TDF1 says it's the only one on the market, but then you should never believe what the adverts say), but I envisaged it selling at £100-£150 inc. professionally made hardware (no 3d printed case!).

It's not standalone (pros: can do more than just clone - can backup, verify, potentially more advanced editing of tags for paxton compact/switch systems, etc; cons: it's not standalone), so perhaps worth just selling the software alone and let people source their own hardware to make a cheap system.

The TDF1 was indeed the only pure, standalone Paxton copier on the market for two and a half years but this year another player entered the market so the original inventor of the TDF1 wrote a software based backup, copying, creating lost tokens from shadow cards, etc system. It’s good to have competition though. Better for the end user.