Shoe Repairer Forum

Yale superior cut from picture

6 minutes ago, Chris @ IKS said:

The practice locks is a great idea we have them here too.

We also sell genuine Yale blanks too, we have the best results with them. They are also cheaper than the Silca and JMa blanks too! work that out?!

https://www.independentkeys.co.uk/Yale+Superior/0_CAAA010_CAAA003/PRAC217.htm

but they hammer the track cutter on my Silca Matrix SX, I use the JMA blanks and the cutters last a lot longer!!

Just now, Michael said:

but they hammer the track cutter on my Silca Matrix SX, I use the JMA blanks and the cutters last a lot longer!!

They are definitely harder, but we cut a fair amount to code for our trade customers and the success rate with the genuine blanks is much higher than any copies.

I personally would rather send out a product that I was confident was going to work even if it costs me slightly more in cutters. 

But I'm talking about cutting approximately 5 keys and there is a significant blunting of the cutter!

That's not sustainable.

I don't cut many but I've not had any back yet, including a window fitter that had 10 cut for a door in London that he had changed, all cut on JMA blanks, all worked and cutter felt as good on the last as it did on the first.

33 minutes ago, Count Muppet said:

I don’t understand why the futura won’t cut the “c” cut the same as the original? Why can’t it do the same pattern?

It is the way the software has been written that after every cut the machine returns to the 1 position before making the next cut.

I never got a valid reason for this it is just the way they do it at Silca, keys still work fine for me so i don't have a problem.