Shoe Repairer Forum

Best electronic Machine for Yale Superior & Dimple keys .

On 7/14/2018 at 10:58 AM, grahamparker said:

The key you have pictured Simes the cuts are

A13221

B1312

C2121

Cutting card on my triax is the magnum card 3218 not sure if it is the same for the futura.

I have also set my Z Axis cut at -10 in the Silca SKP software as they where sometimes a little tight in turning in the cylinder not sure again if you have that freedom with the Futura.

Thanks Graham,

that worked :)

On 7/14/2018 at 4:12 PM, B.C said:

we have a Futura pro, but, its too slow (funny rhymes) so we always manually cut them on the Silca matrix evo. ten times better and never fails... So good that i would sell the Futura which has cut a hand full of keys...

Just timed cutting one of these and it took ten minute.  I had the code.  One thing I've noticed though is that it often goes to sleep when you turn the clamps to side B and you have to start again with side a.  Anyone else noticed this?

I think it seems a very long time when you first start using a Futura because of the amount of times you stop and turn the key or change the clamps. Once you get familiar with the machine and the order of the cuts etc it becomes much quicker.

We cut a fair few Yale Superiors on ours as we use it to cut to code for trade customers and we have it down to 7-8 minutes a key.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Count Muppet said:

It’s the 4+3 card you needed

a=3112

b=223

c=1323

Ah.  Thanks.  However, given that the code that has come back puts the extra cuts as a No Cut and the spacings and depths on each card is the same that shouldn't actually make a difference in this case should it?  If my assumption is correct then we are saying that the Futura has decoded axis a wrong in giving a 0 cut which should actually be a 1 cut?