Shoe Repairer Forum

Best electronic Machine for Yale Superior & Dimple keys .

2 hours ago, grahamparker said:

Triax e-Code expensive but well worth the investment if you can afford it.

Yes it does need a lot of cutters and jaws but i could not live without mine now.

I just had laugh at the price lol .... I can't justify that type of budget as I'm not Vat registered .

3 hours ago, grahamparker said:

Mine has cut over 12,000 keys now and still works the same as the day we bought it you do get what you pay for.

Occasionally a second hand one appears but they aren't always in the best condition, i look after my machines.

I have no doubt that it is a good machine , I have some high end Borkey machines I might let go as I hardly use them to justify a purchase & make room . 

• 2 weeks later...

We don’t do those Yale on the Futura we do them manually, but one thing have learnt with the futura the customer key has to be clean ie no dirt or crap  on the key. Look at the customers key and see all the black dirt and grim that affects the decoding. 

What we do is with all keys going into the Futura is to use a wire brush to clean the crap from the cuts and it will deccode correctly. 

Hope it helps 

Edited by eimco
Spelling mistakes

The key you have pictured Simes the cuts are

A13221

B1312

C2121

Cutting card on my triax is the magnum card 3218 not sure if it is the same for the futura.

I have also set my Z Axis cut at -10 in the Silca SKP software as they where sometimes a little tight in turning in the cylinder not sure again if you have that freedom with the Futura.

24 minutes ago, eimco said:

We don’t do those Yale on the Futura we do them manually, but one thing have learnt with the futura the customer key has to be clean ie no dirt or crap  on the key. Look at the customers key and see all the black dirt and grim that affects the decoding. 

What we do is with all keys going into the Futura is to use a wire brush to clean the crap from the cuts and it will deccode correctly. 

Hope it helps 

Thanks mate :)

18 hours ago, B.C said:

we have a Futura pro, but, its too slow (funny rhymes) so we always manually cut them on the Silca matrix evo. ten times better and never fails... So good that i would sell the Futura which has cut a hand full of keys...

I don't understand the hurry! Allow the customer to watch there key being cut, they appreciate the extra cost a lot more.

You don't actually stand there watching it yourself do you?

23 hours ago, Flash said:

I don't understand the hurry! Allow the customer to watch there key being cut, they appreciate the extra cost a lot more.

You don't actually stand there watching it yourself do you?

yes your right, how ever when you have a shop full all wanting to be served it's frustrating - having to put different jaws and cutters eems to take ages (with also keys into the clamps )

I think we can cut 10 in the time it takes TO DO 1!!

On 7/16/2018 at 10:52 AM, B.C said:

yes your right, how ever when you have a shop full all wanting to be served it's frustrating - having to put different jaws and cutters eems to take ages (with also keys into the clamps )

I think we can cut 10 in the time it takes TO DO 1!!

I understand the problem, but we have more than one machine and more than one staff so it works quite well most of the time.

On 7/15/2018 at 11:56 AM, grahamparker said:

How long does it take on the Futura ?.

Last one I attempted took about 1 hour!!!

On 7/17/2018 at 7:30 PM, Flash said:

I understand the problem, but we have more than one machine and more than one staff so it works quite well most of the time.

Last one I attempted took about 1 hour!!!

I too have more than one staff, but it's far too slow - I guess maybe were too critical 

there are 4 of us and each time anyone of us get these keys in we all turn to the manual way.