for

newzip

icharged

sprite_star.png
sprite_star.png
sprite_star.png
sprite_star.png
sprite_star.png

Published 2 hours ago Timpsons: or just set fire to your money.
Timpsons is an utter rip off. Dundee city centre branch, £45 for one new zip on a Dr Martens boot, and it'd need to be sent away. Inside the Keillor Centre, round by the Travel Dundee exit, is a little shoe repairs and key cutters owned by Rab and his brother. Rab charged £20 for new zips on both boots, had it done in an hour and sent me a text to let me know they were ready. The zips are 10x better than the useless ones that the boots came with! Sod Timpsons, shop local.

£3 an inch here, and given that it's rarely short zips that go, that usually means a minimum of £30 per zip.

If the boots are worth it, folks generally agree to get the job done, and on the odd occasion that they don't, that's fair enough.

I'd rather not do the job than do it for a silly price that doesn't turn a profit.

How do you find the time to drop everything to do a zip within the hour and charge only £1.60 per inch? Your average zip must be less than £20.

I would love to be able to do these things but whenever I’ve tried, it takes me forever to do a decent job

don't take long to  run a knife down seams and put a new zip in     say £1.20 for the zip good half hour doing the job 16 inch zip good money

I use this in 6mm...https://snuggs.me.uk/en/canvas-cover-seam-tape-basting-tape-1

Needle doesn't touch it if put in right, so no sticky needle.

£2.50 per inch, minimum charge £25, can do within an hour if not too busy!!

I use that too and never had problems with it touching the needle. I find out harder using glue

• 2 weeks later...