Shoe Repairer Forum

repairs on a single shoe

Ortho build ups obviously I'll do a single - but doughnuts who want a single stapled heel on a ladies shoe or a single stilly - have got no chance with me ....

I always say 'if you've got a hole in a sock you don't go out and buy just one ?'

Or I'll tell them I'll charge full price as they come supplied in pairs and I'm now stuck with one ....

So let me get this right ....when some dozy twonk brings in ONE shoe with a hole in the sole and a missing heel top piece at a 45 degree angle...

....You actually repair just that ONE shoe ?

This is one of the most absurd things I`ve ever heard ...(and don`t trot out all the one leg excuses - of course I`d accommodate that customer - this is not the point being made here)

• 2 weeks later...

So let me get this right ....when some dozy twonk brings in ONE shoe with a hole in the sole and a missing heel top piece at a 45 degree angle...

....You actually repair just that ONE shoe ?

This is one of the most absurd things I`ve ever heard ...(and don`t trot out all the one leg excuses - of course I`d accommodate that customer - this is not the point being made here)

So before carrying out a repair you actually question your customers disabilities. The customer may be bringing in the repair for an elderly relative who may, or may not have

a disability. If I were the customer I would tell you it's nothing to do with you.

I repair many odd shoes without question, two thirds the price of a pair.