Shoe Repairer Forum

Becoming a mul-t-lock agent

Agree with the above and would not give MTL a penny of my money either.

Supply issues have been going on for years and the prices are getting ridiculous now. Read some of the locksmiths forums about them.

Lock and Key will be along soon to tell you how wonderful they are and how fantastic the locks are.

In my mind they are good but well overpriced for most.

The locks are nicely built, but totally agree their supply chain has been churlish since the day they where born which is a real shame.

Getting better now IE today! But never something to hang your hat on due to their 20 year history of 'great product - no stock' never really understood why as they are an Assa Abloy product - do they really have no cash for stock lol ???

Not really overpriced when you can buy a BS kitemarked 3 star version on a patented key for £5 less than a non kite marked Ultion non patented key.

They do offer something no one else has - brilliant range of CEN rated padlocks and Banham / Ingersoll compatible cylinders etc, and simple to master key and key alike.

Show me a CEN rated padlock on a patented key with duel ball bearing locking for £25.00 from anyone else? They make Federal look expensive!

This is the listing I've been looking at. The blanks do look very short!

The only UK profiles on that listing are ones already available from SKS etc 076/005/006/008, however Interactive UK is 115S and some others in the 200 range also not listed. So I'd stick with the SKS etc as they won't blow your cutter!

We only use genuine blanks as they are cheaper than the copies and our customers expect it. Old 115 is no longer patent protected but it would take 10K+ to make the tooling and it isn't that widely used to justify the 20p per blank saving - and will it be the same quality??? I doubt it.