Shoe Repairer Forum

• 2 weeks later...

Only used a few silca blanks to test and they weren't great.

Only buy Genuine blanks now.

Silca have fixed the issue - they where a little fat on the leading edge on one side. All like silka now!

Also there are currently quality issues with anyone having locks made by Federal - I won't isolate Brisant on this as it effects all of their output including Avocet etc.

Warranty makes me laugh - you all are happy to cut Yale & Garrison keys etc etc on copy blanks which invalidates the warranty, same with all brands, Union etc etc etc and they have 10 year warranties (and they have been trading for more than 10 years...)

I mean ARE YOU SERIOUS... Their £1k 'insurance' booster if you get robbed is just a gimmick - I can show you a video of that lock being breached in 10 seconds in a Sold Secure door rig with moll grips, applying knowledge of the design and attacking the weakness - it can be done with all of them.

Fact is any 3 star lock with cam locking pins is tough for any opportunist thief to beach quickly so they will choose another softer target, hardly rocket science - Yale could offer £5k next and before the day ends the bid will be upto £1m lol.

I get rather bored of the 'smoke and mirrors' game from hyped up marketing, it's like listening to Donald Trump.

Genuine are a lot cheaper than Silca (even if you buy in 5000 quantity) so why would you not use genuine blanks.

It really depends on how many you buy, don't believe everything you see - they are the same price and both blanks are good to cut.

Also you don't have to buy cylinders to get the Silca blanks, or kiss ass and swap hugs etc! It's just a transaction without love.

It really depends on how many you buy, don't believe everything you see - they are the same price and both blanks are good to cut.

Also you don't have to buy cylinders to get the Silca blanks, or kiss ass and swap hugs etc! It's just a transaction without love.

Now that's bollocks Matt, it's not the fact you choose not to have orginal Brisant blanks is it. In fact you go off on one about how great you are even though it's not you cutting the keys and make a massive points about using original blanks in different size with 5 machines, the only one in the UK.

I'm not sure it's just manufactures with smoke and mirrors here do you?

I think it's about time a manufacturer stood up and no, rather then you lot devalue a product.

Just a quickie - if you guys need keys for Ultion locks just let us know via email (not here as I don't visit very often!) or visit the main site. We have a trade only section if you ask! A good picture always helps while taking the order.

Won't you get in trouble with Brisant for putting a price on your website  -  against the Ts&Cs?

Genuine are a lot cheaper than Silca (even if you buy in 5000 quantity) so why would you not use genuine blanks.

Errrm ok, I have 25,000+ genuine Yale superior blanks in my building - paid for stock. I can ship 20,000 to you next day at my price - no one else in the UK can do this.

Do you think I pay the 'normal' price for someone wanting 5,000 in a one off order when Aldridge have never had 5,000 in stock?

Silca are spending all this week in meetings - this week wondering why their output has been so poor since the summer shutdown.

Outcome will be the same - as all the years before,,,,,

Now that's bollocks Matt, it's not the fact you choose not to have orginal Brisant blanks is it. In fact you go off on one about how great you are even though it's not you cutting the keys and make a massive points about using original blanks in different size with 5 machines, the only one in the UK.

I'm not sure it's just manufactures with smoke and mirrors here do you?

I think it's about time a manufacturer stood up and no, rather then you lot devalue a product.

LOL we cut the keys, on Silca blanks. Faster than any other supplier - make an order on our site for pre 10:30 am next day and it will be there..,..even orders from the MD of Brisant (Nick) are dealt with. Just email a clear image of the key.

Yes even the MD of mighty Brisant orders Ultion keys from us.......nevermind.

LOL we cut the keys, on Silca blanks. Faster than any other supplier - make an order on our site for pre 10:30 am next day and it will be there..,..even orders from the MD of Brisant (Nick) are dealt with. Just email a clear image of the key.

Yes even the MD of mighty Brisant orders Ultion keys from us.......nevermind.

Great hindsight but the machine would be locked from future updates - also we've never had our licence unlocked for the Ultion, we've never asked for it, and I'm pretty sure Brisant wouldn't approve it!

Give it all the big balls you want, Its not your choice to use Silca blanks on these keys and I know that because I've saw your website before and it now.   "The Secret Key"     

For some people/company's numbers don't matter but rules do. And its about time in my opinion.

Your last two comments also contradict each other.

Your saying you cut Ultion keys for Brisant (on Silca blanks really?) then your saying they wouldn't unlock your machine. Well which one is it? 

• 2 weeks later...