Shoe Repairer Forum

Hi ,

I'm a bit confused , I had a customer who lost their key to their trooper jeep which was the year 2000, I ordered them two new keys with and , according to the database an id4D64 chip , they got the key cut code from the dealer and I asked them to also ask about the 4 digit security code which according to the ad100 is required when programming keys , they told me that the dealer only got the key code when he put in their chassis no but no security code , he maintained you don't need it , so I said I'd go anyway and try , get to the car , plug in the ad100 and it would not connect to anything , so out of curiosity I put the key in the ignition and it fired up without any programming at all , it's like it had no immobiliser !! Now the jeep in question was actually a vehicle originally from the south of Ireland but re-registered in the Uk , wether that has anything to do with it I don't know or someone may have bypassed the immobiliser at some stage , I hope someone can shed a bit of light on this subject . Thanks in advance

Adam