Shoe Repairer Forum

Facebook post

Can't tell really from the photo. Flash says they are still scruffy. Maybe if the cobbler had given the shoes a good clean the customer would of felt he got value for money. I like to also give away a small instant shoe shine sponge with all shoe repairs over £30. ( you can buy them two for a pound at poundland

It's difficult to see very much from the picture, but by what I can tell he had a scruffy pair of shoes with a hole in the sole, now he has a scruffy pair of shoes without a hole in the sole, £28 for the privilege, not good value for money. Maybe this is why the vast majority of the public never visit a shoe repairerer. I personally would not pay that kind of money

for that repair. £2 worth of materials, ten minutes work, welcome to ripoff britain?

You forget that price is not based just on time. I think it seems a little bit steep but..., Rent, rates, electric, accountant,equipment cost & servicing, maintenance of the premises, insurance, .........and so much more! Oh and then you have to make a living too.

Compare that job to the price of a cylinder key, 15-20p for the blank and 30 seconds to 1 minutes work? £4 or more?

• 2 weeks later...

When i worked for automagic we often did this type of repair while u wait 10 mins max!

all soles pre solutioned

so while you solutioned soles on shoes sos were up under lamp warming to be put straight onto the shoes,

bit of crack with the customer and finish off with a nice polish he would have been only too pleased to pay us that kind of money cos we would have stroked his ego while in the shop

carry on!

When i worked for automagic we often did this type of repair while u wait 10 mins max!

all soles pre solutioned

so while you solutioned soles on shoes sos were up under lamp warming to be put straight onto the shoes,

bit of crack with the customer and finish off with a nice polish he would have been only too pleased to pay us that kind of money cos we would have stroked his ego while in the shop

carry on!

We used to pre solution soles as well, i had forgotten all about that (until you mentioned it) as it must have been more than 20 years ago when we stopped doing it.

an uniformed opinion broadcast to millions about a trade he knows tap all about in order to boost ratings- and these comments are on an closed forum - so tell me flash what is there to learn?

Lesson 1 not to refer to customers (or in this case ex-customers) who we disagree with as "Dickheads" "Knobheads"

Lesson 2 Listen to our customers.

Lesson 3 Supply what our customers want, not what we think they should have.

His opinion is hardly uninformed, it is the opinion of a customer, (ex-customer).