Shoe Repairer Forum

Keyline Transponder "cloners club"

My question to keyline is........

I have a suzuki swift sport (2006), which has keyless entry. currently there isn't a solution to making a spare key for these as the shroud round the ignition doesn't allow a standard suzuki blank past, any likelihood of these as I know quite a few suzuki models use this system?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Its bloody annoying when you start going round advertising an alternative to the MVP etc, at the end of the day all the customer would like is a spare key & I would like to be paid.

A response from Keyline would be helpful, why invest my hard earned money into something that's going to take hours to do, I understand there are always problems with new products & software but you should of road tested it correctly.

Pleased that for a change I made the right decision to wait and see what the feedback was before investing.  I will wait a little longer me thinks! :)

Me too, waiting for (ID48) creases to be ironed out before jumping in bed with any particular cloning company. Good to see there are several companies trying to push forward though

All new products suffer a blip on release in my experience , frustrating for us as the end user but not unusual for us to suffer such headaches , ive personally suffered such headaches with most of my diagnostic kits at one time or another and some of my electronic machines , so despite being a pain it is the norm sadly . from what i understand from answers to my own email questions , they are working hard to reduce queue times and speed up the  process for us , i was assured work is in hand and is ongoing to streamline this asap , which is at least positive news.

from an email exchange asking about the queue times , i did learn a small nugget that eases the situation a little , if the queue time is say 3 hours on the screen , it doesnt mean that you have to stand at the pc nor keep the customers key for 3 hours , after the 8 sniffs you put the tkm back into the reader , it then tells you to remove tkm and insert the original key , it reads original key , once the screen changes to the calculation stage and tells you the queue time and begins calculation , the servers computer has all the info from the original key it needs and the original key is no longer needed , so at this point the original key can be returned to the customer , they can go about there business . as long as you dont press cancel and you leave the software running the keyline server will continue its calculation , once done will tell you to reinsert the tkm and write to it and complete the job , allowing the customer to come back later to collect their coded key. in fact it could be left overnight and the tkm written in the morning even , it just means leaving the pc and reader on so it can work. It would be good if the screen told us when safe to remove the customer key and hand it back .

it may not be ideal at present but it was good to know i didnt need to keep the customers key for the duration and thus their car too , though it will mean i cant use the program for another key until the first has completed its work , so as i say not ideal but something i learnt that may ease things for some.

The technology is new and the 1st to be released , im guessing the take up has been in excess of what they expected and more powerful servers will be needed to streamline this but this is a guess on my part , Though keyline have said its in hand and they are working hard on it , so i suspect they are listening and will resolve things as soon as they can and will im sure respond to our questions once they have factual answers which is better than guesswork , i emailed the distributor who answered my questions , but an official keyline response would indeed be very welcome.

i was lucky enough to have been a beta tester on this product , things were far quicker then as only a few of us using the server and computer at the same time , the product was tested by a good number of beta testers , but the issue i suspect is the volume of users at the same time which couldnt be tested until released i suspect , but again this is my own thoughts , im sure keyline will respond with the facts and what is being done to resolve the queue times for us.

its new , it has some bugs which its claimed are being worked on and will be resolved as quick as they can , i look forward to this resolution as i suspect do others , i hope they recognise the negatives as constructive critisism and not as hostile feedback , we all like positive feedback , but its the negative feedback that really helps make a product better by overcomming the issues users have , and is as valuable if not more valuable for new technology than the positive feedback if its learnt from and acted upon , which im hopeful it will be.

You just have to change your perception of what you expect IMO.

YES I can do the key.

book it in (the same as at a dealers but a fraction of the price)

Copy it. Money in the till. Whats not to like!

Im ahead of most of my competitors locally and "silca this silca that" is a hypothetical questioning the products not on the shelf.

I'm well happy about the situation myself.

Silca are making sure there servers are ready to handle the volume and are predicting a wait time of approx 5-10 mins on release (hope this is the case).

I bought the tpx cloner for the zedbul after a couple of wait times where over 30 minutes as a lot of customers aren't always prepared to wait.

It could be that Silca are not rushing there machine into the market place as they are ironing out all issues before release.

Lee, though I see your point to some extent (I think) I for one would not wish to wait 3 1/2 hours for a key.

Would you, now knowing how easy it is to clone/programme these days ?   

I know the dealers have your car for half or even a day to programme in a key but I cannot afford to be jeopardising my other work commitments, it doesn't make good business sense in my opinion.  

..............Today another key ID48 Fiat Punto , queue was 4h  and customer hasn't accepted so it  gone  now I have lost a horse key  pre-cutted  VERY GOOD !!!!!

I'm happy that kl has a ready ID48 solution but isn't acceptable that they use me as betatester freeofcharge .

Someone want to buy one TKM xtream with minidecryprtor ?

..............Today another key ID48 Fiat Punto , queue was 4h  and customer hasn't accepted so it  gone  now I have lost a horse key  pre-cutted  VERY GOOD !!!!!

I'm happy that kl has a ready ID48 solution but isn't acceptable that they use me as betatester freeofcharge .

Someone want to buy one TKM xtream with minidecryprtor ?

Trade it in against the silca machine :smt062  :smt043

I'm sorry I don't get this at all!  I would really hope to be doing more than one key every three hours!  True! that's not all the time but what happens when you get another customer coming in wanting a key done?  In my eyes, that sort of waiting time is totally unacceptable.  I do realize that it will likely be a problem that is sorted out in due course, but in the meantime, I think I'll stick to programming diagnostically which takes about 10-15 minute usually.  It should not have been a difficult thing to work out what the server capacity needed to be at launch given that we already have ID46 cloning, which I'm led to believe uses a similar queuing technique if done via internet connection.