Can these boots be repaired?

Hi everyone,

I have a favourite pair of old boots that I can't replace, they've come away where the sole meets the upper leather. Rather than drag them around town to find out if they can be repaired I thought I'd post on here first. I did take them to my local cobbler who just shrugged and said 'not worth it', so before throwing them out I'd like a second opinion. He may've said that thinking the cost of repair would be more than their value, I should really have checked but he was very busy at the time. The cost of repair is not really important, I just love the boots and would love to get them fixed if at all possible.

Photo attached.

Thanks!

DSC00003.JPG

Anything can be repaired or patched. question is how bad do you need them and what are you prepared to accept ie would you accept just a glued on patch on the inside,maybe even the outside how about some heavy duty and unsightly stitching, chances are with a split like that its likely to be a poor material anyway and even if it was fixed how long before the other side goes ,,, personally I would bin them since its not going to be a great looking job and probably won't crease right when you are walking,time for nice new boots I think,,,,, but hey ,,,,,that's just my opinion

If appearance is your priority then replacing the toe caps maybe the way to go, this would be costly and would need a close examination of the rest of the boots to make sure this is viable. There is little point in spending a lot of money if the boots are going to fail with a different problem sooner rather than later.

I believe your first advice may have been correct.