Shoe Repairer Forum

customer not happy with lockdown

Hi

just cloned a c4 it said do on a tph1 copied fine put the key in did not start neither does the customers key work now just watching the tow truck pick it up and tow it to citroen I wonder how much that will cost me ? customer not happy any help would be great

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

just cloned a c4 it said do on a tph1 copied fine put the key in did not start neither does the customers key work now just watching the tow truck pick it up and tow it to citroen I wonder how much that will cost me ? customer not happy any help would be great

Another reason why you guys should not clone id46 when you don't understand how car keys work without any diagnostic tools that car could have been a runner with original key within ten minutes at no cost to you.but then that knowledge comes from years of programming keys not playing at it trying to clone anything you can for a fast buck. Citroen will probably sting you for a new key programming recovery and i take it you have given the customer a hire car in the meantime.

Craig

Too late for advice on this one. Best advice for future is make friends with a decent Auto locksmith and Auto electrician. If cloning only with little knowledge, inevitably there will be some stage where you will need diagnostics and the know how to get out of a dire situation.

well as i dont have the pleasure of a auto locksmith for 175 miles ,I have to buy what i think is good thought jma and silca were good nice to be proven wrong . will be buying a mvp pro , after i have paid for her hire car and diagnostic at citroen have abrites but not psa commander . And learnt the hard way .shall I blame sks jma for selling them to me ......

What machine was you using to copy? As I have trs 5000 and do not want to get caught out as you have. Most late cars use tpx4 chips I was surprised it said tph1.Also was told it cannot wipe a customers key, only troublesome one is a Peugeot which has to be done via laptop to stop this happening. Investing over £2000 in a piece of kit is not playing at it. I don't care there are those who spend more who think they are better than the rest of us we all have a budget and expect whatever we purchase to do what it says it should.

We all make mistakes, many times it's and easiout - but once in a while your up against it - I do see the guys that post first before any sort of research can be annoying, and I see in this case it was too late but willing to learn from the mistake, and I see why some are anti - but having a go at each other is not nice - lets keep this forum friendly

What machine was you using to copy? As I have trs 5000 and do not want to get caught out as you have. Most late cars use tpx4 chips I was surprised it said tph1.Also was told it cannot wipe a customers key, only troublesome one is a Peugeot which has to be done via laptop to stop this happening. Investing over £2000 in a piece of kit is not playing at it. I don't care there are those who spend more who think they are better than the rest of us we all have a budget and expect whatever we purchase to do what it says it should.

Agree - TRS5000 can not copy / delete this key as far as We know, BUT in theory It can damage / delete a Peugeot JMA TP16 same as Silca RW4 and others .

Assuming that Citroen may be using the same chip as Peugeot (They sometimes do) this may have been the issue .

As JMA do Know this can happen their newest updates make TP16 chips ONLY copy-able via PC Software . this means any issues when reading or coping the keys the PC Software Holds all / any possible lost information Hence you place the original key back into the Key the TRS5000 with PC and click RESTORE .

Really Best advice I can give anyone on this TP16 chip - Make sure the TRS5000 is FULLY Up to date on the software and this should not happen .

We all make mistakes, many times it's and easiout - but once in a while your up against it - I do see the guys that post first before any sort of research can be annoying, and I see in this case it was too late but willing to learn from the mistake, and I see why some are anti - but having a go at each other is not nice - lets keep this forum friendly

I totally agree Mick.

You don't see this type of rude behaviour over in the Trade section. :D

Hi

Are you using a TRS5000 ? just any other Machines can not use TPH1 chips .

Also

If this is 100% ID46 this is Not a TPH1 Chip -> TPX4 is the correct chip. Also the TRS5000 can not re-write ID46 chips.

Can you advise more on the issue for us to look into for you . Thank you

Hi

it was a tph chip which i found strange in a c4 put the key in the car at the garage and now says tph1 so copied it is fine

it was the 8th key to be programmed which caused the lockdown thats what they say, how true it is i do not no, it is now back to 2 keys

and both working , they cleared the old keys and reset it , as Tell said reset the bcm . so when cloning how do we no if it is on maximum number of keys this was done on a trs5000 but we do use rw4 and abrites .

cost was £120 for diagnostic £150 tow truck £ 40 car hire

as not plugged into car and communicating with ecu a cloner cannot read number of keys in a cars memory , for this it would have to be plugging a tester in and talking to ecu , though im not sure of their diagnosis , if you was only cloning a key , you wouldnt have been adding another key to another slot 8th or otherwise as would just be a clone key a clone of an existing key in an existing slot , but the overall cost wasnt as horrendous as some ive seen.

there was a guy in south yorks had tried to do an audi a4 key and created a def error , audi wanted to put in new clocks and ecu and key set at an astronomical amount of money , we charged him far less to sort this with avdi , dealers technician was gobsmacked that this could be done easily , so i rarely trust a dealers diagnosis .

ive not trusted dealers since evans halshaw our vauxhall dealer quoted us for £1740 plus vat for necessary jobs to fix my vivaro and cure a problem , the local garage i now use was less than 10% of the price , they diagnosed the problem as mass airflow meter and changed it , problem solved , all the other work quoted was unnecessary and not needed , and funny enough the mass airflow unit wasnt even one of the jobs they was doing for their expensive necessary work. that was 7 years ago and ive never used the dealer since and wont again, so never trust their diagnosis .

As said before ,citroen can be a bit flakey I've had them lock up when programming even using dealer equipment ,but a wait normally sorts , I've never cloned id46 But I think the manufacturers of the cloning equipment need to make sure it's 100% before it's released especially as it is marketed to shoe repairers and keycutting outlets who do not generally have diagnostic equipment to get themselves out the crap

x minit I hope you are right that nobody gets put off asking for help, as he was obviously in Doo Doo's and asked a perfectly reasonable question asking for help and answers why there are those on this forum felt they needed to castigate him for this is beyond me.I have a trs 5000 and it could have been me in his position and the last thing I would have wanted after having a crap day would be some of the posts regarding this topic.I thought we was all meant to be on the same side. John at SKS is a very helpful person if anything like this happens again.