Shoe Repairer Forum

Ive just got the new instacode disc 2013 july latest update as I was needing the references for the instacode cards to find the correct software on the miracle to cut the key. I was having a few problems with the instacode software freezing etc so I emailed instacode and we got that sorted and while emailing I asked them about the miracle link up and there reply was they haven't got a machine from the English Distributor and are still awaiting necessary communication protocol from the Korean manufacturers, so its looking like its going to be awhile before this will be done :(

When buying the miracle a9 does it say its compatible with instacode? If so selling is misleading customers which is a bit naughty.

it doesn't state it does, i think it has been mentioned by the makers of the miracle machine that it is in the pipeline, not that it is compatible

Ok,

I have had a word with Peter on the subject of compatibility with Instacode, he has never nor will say it is fully compatible until everything has been sorted, what he has said is that it will be in the near future. I am not sure if that is a miss leading statement or not.

There is no one out there waiting as much as me to hear that all we have to do is press go and the key will be cut, especially after buying the machine then buying Instacode. If this never materialises I am going to go mad.:-(

What it actually says is:

"Q: Is the Miracle Compatible with Instacode?

A: Yes, Key cuts provided from Instacode can be entered directly in the Miracle keypad, touch console or via the PDA.

However at this time there is no direct link between Instacode and the Miracle. "

which is correct, bittings from Instacode can be entered directly into the machine.

I for one love the machine,

Regards

Alistair

Ok,

I have had a word with Peter on the subject of compatibility with Instacode, he has never nor will say it is fully compatible until everything has been sorted, what he has said is that it will be in the near future. I am not sure if that is a miss leading statement or not.

There is no one out there waiting as much as me to hear that all we have to do is press go and the key will be cut, especially after buying the machine then buying Instacode. If this never materialises I am going to go mad.:-(

now that to me sounds like a cop out with regards to a time frame, i don't use the machine nor doubt i'll ever have the need for one, but surely it would be better to say, we are looking at roughly 6 weeks, months or years, the near future, near future in whose opinion, the sellers near future or the buyers near future who has perhaps b ought the machine in the belief that instacode is only a matter of weeks away?

Controversial but does it need Insta code connected to it?

For my needs, mainly cutting car keys, a separate laptop with Insta code and inputting the bittings direct works perfectly well.

Having it working with insta code may make life slightly easier (or it may make the machine harder to use?) however as it is just now its a very capable machine and I wouldn't be without it.

Regards

Alistair

Controversial but does it need Insta code connected to it?

For my needs, mainly cutting car keys, a separate laptop with Insta code and inputting the bittings direct works perfectly well.

Having it working with insta code may make life slightly easier (or it may make the machine harder to use?) however as it is just now its a very capable machine and I wouldn't be without it.

Regards

Alistair

i can't answer that 1 Alistair, only putting a neutral's point of view on the topic, if i was buying this machine on the pretense that instacode was coming "soon" then i would be miffed if it wasn't available in 2 - 3 months time, but again, that's just my opinion, i am bored today and this topic spiked my interest :D

I somehow think, that the resellers/manufacturers have to input the Instacode info into the A9's firmware, which is occasionally updated. If for whatever reason, they stop doing that, or decide to charge for it, Craig and Graham will start to giggle.

I may be wrong with the above,

Cheerio,

Chris

Member of the AA (A9 Anonymous)

I somehow think, that the resellers/manufacturers have to input the Instacode info into the A9's firmware, which is occasionally updated. If for whatever reason, they stop doing that, or decide to charge for it, Craig and Graham will start to giggle.

I may be wrong with the above,

Cheerio,

Chris

Member of the AA (A9 Anonymous)

but what you a9 users need to bear in mind no matter how good or bad the machine is you are operating it with instacode data entered in as bitting and instacode is great dont get me wrong but i couldnt work with just instacode . silca machine owners like myself use instacode and silca software which is much better than instacode but the good silca software was over 3k to run the triaxi and 399 evo but that bundeled with instacode covers 99% of what i need

craig

As a busy Auto Locksmith I don't know what all the fuss is about linking the machine to instacode? The A9 works perfectly well as it is. Never failed me. Now looking at the new A6 for second van, great machine for less than the A9 and perfect for Auto Locksmiths.

yes but a busy auto locksmith still don't cut a lot if keys and the a9 is meant to be a shop based machine i cut well in excess of a thousand keys a month and couldn't be arsed entering key numbers in instacode to get bitting then manually entering key type and bitting for each key into a9. also when doing volume keys like what the a9 is suppose to be for then you come across the keys that instacode has missing bitting for for hasn't released the data yet where as silca software seems to be faster with updates and more reliable

craig

OMG I have started world war 3 :-)

I know that Peter is a busy guy , but I think he should reply to some of the items on here especially the instacode issue, are we getting it or not. If so when?

I totally agree with Allister when you say it is a very good machine for the money and as yet I have not had a bad key cut, but, I was told as many others have been, that the link up to instacode was imminent, but we are still waiting. That was one of the main reasons why we bought the machine and invested in instacode. If this is not the case then we have been misled, we all need a definitive answer.

I am shocked in that I agree with Craig on the subject of Instacode. We have found a lot of missing information in the Instacode program and we have had to resort to looking on the Silca software for it.

I agree that this is a shortfall on the device and that many people want it. | am pressurising the factory for this to be sent to Instacode to be added to the next update or so as I believe and have said many times that it is needed.

It is good to get feedback like this so I can pass it on to the engineers.

Laguna key card blade instacode card number 1105, decodes the key fine but can't cut the key, every time the machine say key in wrong position, spoke to tech support and tried every option but the out come was a snapped cutter and a key card blade damaged, they are sending out a new cutter (thanks)

So just a heads up the problem is with Laguna and espace key blades :(

Put the Laguna or Megane blade in the bottom jaw to decode it and then put the new blade in the top jaw to cut it.

Or if you have the bitting, just put the blade in the top jaw and it cuts fine.

The A9 checks the position 1st and then cuts to the position of the blade.

We do 2 to 3 Renault blades every day without any problems.

Alan @ Autotechnix

Thanks for your help, we tried everything that tech support advised which was great but we still failed to cut the key, the Laguna has been out since 2001 so you think this would be on the machine without any problems ! I don't expect it to be purfect but I expect it yo be able to cut these which are 12 years old