Shoe Repairer Forum

Trophy Supplier

Does anybody know of any RELIABLE trophy suppliers that will either offer a free van delivery once a week, or some sort of a deal on the carriage when ordering over a certain amount?

Sick to death of one of our suppliers being out of stock of everything all the while..

What's the point in giving us a free van delivery once a week and giving us an all singing, all dancing catalogue, when they have no stock of anything?! ](*,)

Give customer catalogue, customer goes away and picks trophies, customer comes back with happy smile on face clutching his list. Gray checks availability............OUT OF STOCK, OUT OF STOCK, OUT OF STOCK, OUT OF STOCK, OUT OF STOCK, :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:...........Smile goes from customers face......... I'm stressed. :( :(

The response I got when I queried why so many items were out of stock was, 'because it is the end of the football season' :-k =D>

To be honest, its just as much the matter-of-fact way they tell you, 'that's out of stock for 8 weeks' that riles me more than anything.

They obviously just don't care that they are making you look an absolute tool in front of the customer :oops:

To be honest, its just as much the matter-of-fact way they tell you, 'that's out of stock for 8 weeks' that riles me more than anything.

I'd rather be told an expected delivery date, rather than what you can otherwise find 'it's out of stock, don't know when we'll have it back in'.

Obviously, in most cases, 8 weeks (or whatever) is too long to wait as people rarely order too far in advance.

It's all part of the problem of being reliant on products being manufactured on the other side of the world, and delivered at the sedate pace at which the world's container ships move.

Give customer catalogue, customer goes away and picks trophies, customer comes back with happy smile on face clutching his list. Gray checks availability............OUT OF STOCK, OUT OF STOCK, OUT OF STOCK, OUT OF STOCK, OUT OF STOCK, :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:...........Smile goes from customers face......... I'm stressed. :( :(

we tend to say to customers, have a back up choice cuz all our suppliers are f***** useless

Dean wrote:

Glad it's not just me that get hacked of with the way they speak to their customers.

They might as well say "Computer says No..."

Having spoken to Tim Wilford of Glenway over the last few days, I happen to know that would very much like to comment on some of the above, however, he is out of the office until next Tuesday when he should be able to comment. He has also had to re-register subject to him 'forgetting' his old logon :roll:

At least give him a chance to fight his corner :wink:

I will,............ but any mention of "China is a long way away, if you run out of stock, it's likely to take a little while to get here, especially if travelling by boat through the Typhoons of the South China Sea and the Pirate threat off the coast of Africa" .....................Who uttered those immortal words Keith?............ :lol: :lol: ...nowt wrong with my memory..Now where did I park my car?

I will,............ but any mention of "China is a long way away, if you run out of stock, it's likely to take a little while to get here, especially if travelling by boat through the Typhoons of the South China Sea and the Pirate threat off the coast of Africa" .....................Who uttered those immortal words Keith?............ :lol: :lol: ...nowt wrong with my memory..Now where did I park my car?

and put my blake

Back up Sparky!.......... If I'd produced a fancy catalogue listing all the products I sell then I would expect them to be available to my customers.......How about telling the suppliers to get their marketing heads on?.......... Don't forget fella we are at the end of the chain. WE take the POOP as you put it. Mr Fekin perfect... :evil: :evil:.......... Now see you've got me mad and that's not me............ I apologise.

I didn't start the topic with the intentions of 'bashing' any particular supplier, which is why I didn't name them in the original post.

I have started topics in the past praising good service from suppliers, so its not all just about 'bashing' people at all.

Personally, I hope they appreciate the feedback!!

Good morning all, I've been reading your comments about our out of stock situation!

Firstly apologies for not getting on quicker , but I had a few issues getting on. I can understand all your frustrations, because we feel the same . We at glenway want happy customers,it makes all our lives easy.

We have had an amazing year sales wise & could nt have predicted how well certain new lines would sell.

With product coming from china we have to order product 5 months before the brochure is launched. We don't have a crystal ball & can get quantities wrong both ways. As soon as we launched the book it was obvious that certain lines were going to go mad. We reordered vast quantities of these items in January ,which are now arriving .you will notice other than a couple of ranges anything that is un available , will be in stock imminently.

If any one would like to come over at any time to glenway ,I'll personally give you a tour of all three of our locations, & show you our financial commitment to stock & service...

Finally apologies, for the out of stocks we are currently arranging to bring larger quantities for 2013 , which we will receive in stock from August onwards.

Remember you can call me any time , our staff will give you all my contact details

Regards to all Tim

I've had the tour of the warehouse & the investment is impressive, But Tim I think you might have missed the point!

Glad it's not just me that get hacked of with the way they speak to their customers.

They might as well say "Computer says No..."

Its not necessarily stock levels that need looking at?

Lee