Shoe Repairer Forum

Astra 98 - 04 can't be copied. Before and after that they can (different chips though)

Several Vauxhalls use the ID40 and none can be copied, thats according to the Keycypt list anyway

well the key crypt list is wromg as some can be copied and i have copied them on my ad900 which is the same machine with a differant sticker

craig

My son's got a corsa 02 plate(id40 chip). Tried several ways to encode, including T5 & T12 Chips. Cannot be copied on a standard copier, RW4+. Need the vehicle and a keycrypt.

Just looked at keyline. apparently the 884 will do it on a T12. but not conclusive.

http://web.keyline.it/pdf/TransponderGuide.pdf

Look at GM & Opel. Make up your own minds.

Corsa 'c' 01 onwards cannot be cloned,you do need diagnostic equipment.

I think if my memory serves me it was down to vauxhall not locking the chip correctly so you could copy the id part and this would allow you to copy the id40 onto a t5 chip.

The latest silca firmware tells you when you read the owners key if you can clone or not,you also have to remember years are a guide to manufacture not registration,so it is possible to have an astra manufactured in late 97 but not registered till late 98 to be on the earlier chips.

The only thing to remember with these are that ID40(Vaux Immo2) transponders are backward compatable

Vauxhall Immo2 (ID40)or Immo1(ID33)

So when you find a ID40 in a Immo1 system (ID33 car) it can be cloned

AstraF,early VectraB, CorsaB

If found on Immo2 system (true ID40 car) it cannot be cloned

AstraG,later vectraB.CorsaC

So the truth is a ID40 transponder cannot be cloned

unless it is pretending to be a ID33 :wink:

• 2 weeks later...