Shoe Repairer Forum

Gem Rx Software Vistool 7

Please can anybody help, my pc has crashed and i have had to wipe everything including my engraving software, unfortunatly i do not have a back up copy of Vistool 7, i have spoken to u-marq and they want to charge me £395.00+ Vat to upgrade to Vistool 8. If anybody has a copy of 7 please contact me, all help appreciated,

Thanks.

This may not necessarily be the answer you were after, but v8 is an excellent upgrade, and well worth the money... no i don't work for U-Marq, or even get commission!

Work out what it's going to cost per week over a sensible period & you'll see you don't have to do many jobs for it to pay for itself.

If U-Marq are offering an upgrade for so little he must be a bona fide customer,! what I do'nt understand is why they cannot assist him for the sake of customer relations.

I think you should phone them again and plead your case etc, no harm in trying.

As for the software upgrade, I still use Gravo 98 and prefer it to the new G5, better the devil you know syndrome I'm afraid.

I am part-exing machine for is400 in october so dont want to pay £400 to use my RX til then and then give it away. I have the dongle for this software. U-marq have been totaly unreasonable and say they dont have a copy of the previous software which i find difficult to believe. I am not asking anyone to break the law. I am asking to borrow software for an application that i have paid for and have the invoice for. U-marq have always been very good but this time have come up a long way short.

It's unfortunate that you've had this PC problem when you plan to trade in the machine. ](*,)

I can't believe that even if you have to buy a (reduced price) version of the updated software, you won't still be well into profit by the time you trade in for the is400.

Another way to look at it - How much have you spent on servicing & maintenance since you bought the machine?

Add the cost of the software to the cost of servicing & maintenance & divide it by the time you've had the machine. and I'm sure you'll come up with a surprisingly cheap annual maintenance cost.

And if you're brave enough, come back & tell us what the annual cost worked out to be... =D>

You mean i should bend over and take it. Just dug out my new laptop, got a few keys missing so havent used it for a couple of years, its got the old software on it. Plugged in a wirless keyboard all working ok. Thanks for your help but got it sorted now, thanks.

You mean i should bend over and take it.

No, see the bigger picture ](*,) , hopefully the machine has made you a handsome profit over the years, I was just suggesting you keep this in mind & do the right thing to keep the machine running for the time being.

got it sorted now, thanks

you're welcome \:D/

I am part-exing machine for is400 in october so dont want to pay £400 to use my RX til then and then give it away. I have the dongle for this software. U-marq have been totaly unreasonable and say they dont have a copy of the previous software which i find difficult to believe. I am not asking anyone to break the law. I am asking to borrow software for an application that i have paid for and have the invoice for. U-marq have always been very good but this time have come up a long way short.

Have to disagree there chum, Umarq are a very professional firm, more than helpful and I think you were offered a good price for the upgrade. What kind of a new laptop is that with keys missing :lol: :lol: :lol:

You mean i should bend over and take it. Just dug out my new laptop, got a few keys missing so havent used it for a couple of years, its got the old software on it. Plugged in a wirless keyboard all working ok. Thanks for your help but got it sorted now, thanks.

FFS have to disagree there chum, Umarq are a very professional firm, more than helpful and I think you were offered a good price for the upgrade. What kind of a new laptop is that with keys missing :lol: Sorry for the echo :lol:

I dont understand how you could have a problem like this. I had exactly the same problem with my pc dying but id got gravo 2.3 on a win98. Gravograph checked the details of my dongle and when it checked out sent me a link to download the same software for free. I can't see why u-marq wouldn't do the same thing.

my laptop decided to call it a day a few months ago one busy saturday. took it to my local pc repairs shop and the guys there recoverd all the data and programs from the old hard drive or what ever its called and transfered it to another laptop for 95. squids and its been ok so far.

umarq have stated that they are no longer giving tech support to software below version 8 on their website i think. so if like me you use that older software you're on your own mate. i have a disc with mine so i guess thay could reactivate it with a new licence key no if really needed.

heres a question

can you and do you back up your saved drawings, your own templates and logo's etc that you have saved in the jobs folder.

if so could you tell me how you do it.

cheers

heres a question

can you and do you back up your saved drawings, your own templates and logo's etc that you have saved in the jobs folder.

if so could you tell me how you do it

back it up to an external hard drive

i personaly dont see the problem , if someones got vistool7 then lend it to tyes111 no ones out of pocket !

i personaly dont see the problem , if someones got vistool7 then lend it to tyes111 no ones out of pocket !

You can download a trial version of vistool 8 from the umarq website but it is restricted and you cant save or export jobs.

Don't think you can borrow a copy as each copy is matched to a dongle to stop it.

• 11 years later...

You guys are idiots. You pay for the license, not the software. He obviously has the license otherwise the software wouldn't work. U-mark not supplying him with a backup download for something HE'S ALREADY PAID FOR is fucking shocking customer support. We'll see how "illegal" it is next time one of you finds yourself in a similar situation.