Shoe Repairer Forum

New Timpsons shops

by soles'n'eels » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:33 am

timpsons opening a shop 500 yards from me! thats the 2nd new shop i know of in the last few weeks could do without it look like there on a mission

it goes to show that our trade is doing well!

• 4 weeks later...

Lets hope they keep opening in the Superstores , long hours , 7 days trading , and the high prices they charge keep customers away .

The staff hate these outlets , long hours ,working 5 or 6 out of 7 days ,they struggle to hit bonus targets,and soon apply for a transfer .

A "friend" has been sent out to a concession in an Asda , lucky if the shop breaks even and covers its running costs.

Saturday is his quietest day of the week , very few shoe jobs , just a few keys and the odd bit of engraving, if he is lucky , shoppers at these type of outlets are keen price watchers , many ask "how much" only to walk away saying they can get it cheaper elswhere.

smmultiservices » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:15 pm

Lets hope they keep opening in the Superstores , long hours , 7 days trading , and the high prices they charge keep customers away .

The staff hate these outlets , long hours ,working 5 or 6 out of 7 days

i hope they open 'everywhere' with there 'very high' price structure us independant repairers get even more trade - and keys and watch batteries and engraving - if they closed all there branches 'we' would not as well as we do!

• 1 month later...

Look for planning applications in your local rag, a lot of these out of town units have restrictions on use. They will still be subject to shops office and railway premisses law re heating ect.

and a prefect target for overnight vandals, It could be a very expensive move for timos

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...