Shoe Repairer Forum

Disabled Toilets

I think you'll find that all new leases carry this proviso. Any landlord/council will be looking to 'update' any premisis when making internal and external modifications because they will always look beyond your tenancy/ownership. :shock:

This is regardless of wether you will employ disabled staff or not. :?

worth checking but my understanding is similar to keiths, if you mess around and want a new toilet you have to have a less abled one fitted (disabled) if it is a new build then yes it has to be a less abled toilet. what most do is turn it into a stock room...........

ironic isnt it, a disabled toilet is the only one large enough to run around in..............................

And to only one you can get all your kids in when you don't want to leave them outside during a day out!

(although this always ends up with me & the lads, shouting at Carys to leave the door alone whilst huddled round the bowl, playing Pee sword fights :lol: )

Lee

ok cheers everyone just phoned building control company and i can get away with an ambulent toilet which is a lot smaller than normal disabled toilet.

ive got to write to the council and ask them and they have to be fair they are not allowed to just tell me i have got to have one as my space in the shop is limited,

this applies to all their regulations i suppose

I have had someone voice a complaint of distaste to this topic & in the interests of the forums reputation I have deleted the replies from this point on, since the topic has drawn to a conclusion at the last post prior to this.

Lee