Shoe Repairer Forum

Bloody Davenports Again!

Guest Lock N Safe Buddy

Going back to the original poster Lock N Safe Buddy:

In an attempt to see where we have possibly gone wrong, I have had a look back at your order history over the last 2 years. I've noticed that out of the total quantity of keyblanks you've taken during this time which is just over 1200, the majority are the less popular blanks. This would explain why the delivery time may be longer than say for the more popular range.

But Tel

he may get keys from another supplier like you and I

id be quite happy cutting 2 transponder keys everyday :D

carry on

Feel free to cut 2 a day, if it'll make you happy we'll supply as many blanks as you need!

(what? you didn't say you had to sell them after you cut them! :lol: )

Guest Lock N Safe Buddy

Right, sorry for the delay in responding. Some of us have work to do!. You are correct that the vast majority of blanks we order from you are "specials". Most of our blanks are sourced elsewhere (2 keys per day lol). No, I dont expect you to have all items in stock, all I ask is that you keep the customer informed of items out of stock within a few hours of ordering & that you keep a track of orders placed. Not much to ask I think?

Lock N Safe Buddy:

I have put a note on your account that we are to let you know of any future out of stock items, so whoever accesses it in the future will see this. This should keep you informed when we don't have an item on the shelf.

Mr Fix It:

I've already spoken to you on the phone a short while ago and you know the reason why your order was held up. We are out stock of the EHS2 electronic heads and without those the transponder board you ordered would've been pretty useless.

As you already have some heads at your premises, as promised, your order is being despatched today minus the electronic heads.

Although, like Barnsley Lock & Safe you don't order very often from us (290 blanks approximately in 18 months), I have also put a note on your account to let you know of any future out of stock items or any delay on your order.

Guest Irishcobbler

Just a comment Chris, surely it shouldn't matter whether the customer orders a lot or a little, i would've thought good customer service would be to let them know the order is delayed or out of stock etc. I been watching this thread for a while and thought i would throw my 2 pence worth in the hat!

We are now inputting phone orders directly onto the system so that orders can be released to the warehouse quicker, and when the computer flags up an item out of stock we can tell the customer. Of course this is dependent on the stock being correct.

Lock N Safe Buddy:

I have put a note on your account that we are to let you know of any future out of stock items, so whoever accesses it in the future will see this. This should keep you informed when we don't have an item on the shelf.

Mr Fix It:

I've already spoken to you on the phone a short while ago and you know the reason why your order was held up. We are out stock of the EHS2 electronic heads and without those the transponder board you ordered would've been pretty useless.

As you already have some heads at your premises, as promised, your order is being despatched today minus the electronic heads.

Although, like Barnsley Lock & Safe you don't order very often from us (290 blanks approximately in 18 months), I have also put a note on your account to let you know of any future out of stock items or any delay on your order.

and the reason i have only ordered 290 blanks in the last 18 months is i use thousands of blanks a year now in 3 outlets but order them elsewhere as i need the back up and support also next day delivery on stock .and if i hadnt called to see where my order was i would have still been waiting on it.also we treat customers who come in and buy 1 key the same as we treat regular accounts who buy a few hundred keys every month from us.

Craig

As a final word on this I would just like to say thank you to everyone who has contributed on this discussion. We do value your opinion and do want to sort out any problems you may have. Hence the continued replies.

I do feel that we are perhaps being judged unfairly on a disproportionate amount of non stock items rather than across the board stock lines. This was in essence the message I was trying to get across to the previous two posters. We do care about all customers and that is why I have responded to all the posts on here and will do my best to sort out any future grievances.

Craig, you still go back to Davenports for 300 hundred keys a year though, I don't see you knocking your main stream suppliers for not having ALL the keys you want! with these orders they can't offer next day delivery either! :twisted:

Lee