Woolworths - DIY Stick on soles

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Guest byegeorge

Hi lawman, I have been reading about your soltrack DIY stick-on heels. But where can I buy them! I look forward to hearing from you or anyone else who can help. Byegeorge

Hi Byegeorge,

We are now selling them to Birch, College and Healey. We also sell to DCS Europe Plc who are a major distributor to "Woolworth" type shops and hardware retailers. We have regular dispatches going to all of these wholesalers so availability shouldn't be a problem.

regards

Lawman

so the trick is in the glue rather than the heel?

why would regular glue not work

sorry i dont do shoe repairs but get asked regularly but i cant seem to find a way to get training in basic repairs with having to run full time shop..stick on soles and heels seems starting point

any ideas? :?

sorry i dont do shoe repairs but get asked regularly but i cant seem to find a way to get training in basic repairs with having to run full time shop..stick on soles and heels seems starting point

id work out how much space you will need how much the machines and stock will cost, and then you got wages and tax dont forget the vat (unless you get the cobbler to work for himself on a contract then he is responsible for the tax himself but you can offset his bill against your tax which is better for you.) you can then learn from your employee,

but before you go laying out loads of money get a local cobbler to do your work for you, just explain to your customers that you are doing a trial just to gauge the market before you spend any money, customers have a habit of asking for stuff then when you get it they dont buy it

dont know what the average wage for a cobbler is where you are but i imagine you are going to need to take at least 6-700 a week to cover everything and remember you are then subject to all the rules that go with having staff if you dont employ anyone already talk to your local council and ask them to come and check your shop out and they will tell you all what you will need to know

you also might be able to get a cobbler who has shut a shop or is struggling, to move his machines into your shop and you split everything

(this way you get someone who is going to work the same as you not an easy thing to find)

unless you buy top machinery about 20k brand new but keith m would know more or have another room to do the shoes you might have a problem with dust so regular cleaning is needed to keep the shop nice and remember that if you do learn shoes you will cut yourself a fair amount at first.

when youve worked out how much you will generate compare it against another service to see if you can make more money out of your space. with less hassle and just keep with getting another cobbler to do the work for you

gl.

if you are interested i was offered a shoe machine press bench lamps etc full set up cheap if i remember right it was 2k and its local to you the machine was a bit old for me but it would be a good starter machine let me know i should have a phone number for him.get cover for your shop for 1 day and pop over and have a play with ma machine and see if its something you fancy doing for a living if you want.

craig

Hi Rick,

It is something we are considering and we have looked into, however at this time we still have not put any tube only products into production! I will raise the issue again and see if we are any close to doing this. Just out of interest would a packed product be suitable or lose tubes that you could sell on in your own kits?

regards

Lawman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest byegeorge

Help! I am desperate to buy stick-on heels. There are so many posts on the subject but no-one telling me WHERE CAN I BUY THEM. Does anyone really know?? Byegeorge.

I get asked for these fairly regularly but don't stock them out of principle! However, I'm interested in other peoples viewpoints. What do you think?

if you are losing sales because you dont stock them,then i'd say get them in,better to get something rather than nothing imo,especially if you have any competitors near you who sell them

Principal. I thought this too for a few months, then stocked them anyway. Been selling OK ever since. Haven't noticed any drop in work. In fact I always tell them my price for doing the job for them, often they say "well in that case you might as well do them" so I've actually picked up a few repairs because of them!

Lee