Shoe Repairer Forum

Well I go by the degree of difficulty, ie what sort of shoe. material, how long will it take to get the pitch right, that sort of thing. So on a bog standard ladies flatish shoe with a 1/2' raise on the sole and heel I would charge £18 for one shoe, thats about 2 layers of micro, which equates to one sole and heel on a normal repair,if you can see where I coming from.

Hope this helps.

hi danny

as x minit says it all depends on the raise required but hes not far off with his pricing i.e by the time the orthopeadic company add on allthe codes they can total anywhere between £18.5O TO £22.50 for the first inch and £8 per inch or part of after now before you answer x minit the reson for the reduction in price for the second inch is becouse its only another layer of micro and we have acess to 6 8 12 18 and 25mm sheets of micro and at those prices you can make a tidy some for asmall outlay

I agree with elfman, but I always take into account the time it will take. IE if the build up is going straight on top its much easier, so therefore cheaper. I always were possible cut the unit and insert the build up in-between or remove the unit and replace after the build up, It costs the customer more money but the result looks much better.

• 4 weeks later...

quite correct hugh all cork raises should be leather coverd i would not do it any other way ,this is a size 5 ladies kicker shoe, the order was for an arched bridged raise but i advised that as it was a wedge style sole unit then an arched waist would look out of place if i can make time to take a picture then i will but as i have between 30 and 40 raises of varying hieghts arriving on a weekly basistime is tight hence the stopping of any while u wait work for the forseeable future

quite correct hugh all cork raises should be leather coverd i would not do it any other way ,this is a size 5 ladies kicker shoe, the order was for an arched bridged raise but i advised that as it was a wedge style sole unit then an arched waist would look out of place if i can make time to take a picture then i will but as i have between 30 and 40 raises of varying hieghts arriving on a weekly basistime is tight hence the stopping of any while u wait work for the forseeable future

I quite understand elfman, it's just that we do not often see the stages of this type of work in progress and i thought it may just be an eye opener for the uninformed.

I only ever did the one off's for the Paraplegic games, most were 4" raises on complicated sports shoes, some with spikes for Steeplechases.

half way thru the raise hugh got two shots of prgress so far will put them on when finished but it aint going to be quick as i have just sent off 18 finished raises plus a few more adapts ,still have 14 to do with another 3 royal mail post sacks of the work arriving tomorow

• 2 weeks later...