Shoe Repairer Forum

JMA - TRS5000 Failures

Guest Keyman

Hi All

I Tried to clone an ID67 Toyota Yaris key today. TRS5000 said "copy ok" but it failed to start car, so tried another transponder, same result.

I checked the logic of the original key on my AD90 and then checked the cloned key and logic matched. But it will not start car.

Has anyone else managed to clone an ID67?

Are there any other cars to avoid so that TPX2 transponders are not wasted?

Thanks

:D

Guest Keyman

Oh yes, very constructive, anyone with a brain like to answer :lol:

TPX2 is new to the market, and if it fails on one it may fail on another, those who have experienced the Bianchi failings will understand what I mean, and being helpfull to avoid other TRS5000 users wasting transponders it would be nice to know what other problems the TRS5000 encounters

The point I'm making is that TRS5000 says it can clone this transponder, but its not taking the crypto data across. So why not?

:?

Keyman,

try extract the TPX2 transponder from the plastic head, and try to start the engine putting the transponder closer to ignition lock, try also to start the engine putting the transponder farther of the nominal position. (on toyota vehicles the magnetic field of the ignition coil is very strong (compared to some others)).

hi, yes i have cloned the toyota on the tpx2, but failed on a ford (07) - every time we fail it costs money.i have now wasted 3 chips! so is it really as cheap as we were told?

will give it a few more goes to advise others whether to buy this system or not.

There is some anecdotal evidence to suggest that the position of the transponder, reletive to the ignition system, determines whether or not the copy will start the car. Thus far I've had a couple of calls similar to the original post and once they've put the key the other way up, the car has started.

It's not a failure of the machine, or chips per se (as you've proven the code copies fine), but more how the cars themselves interact with the chip and need it to be the correct distance from the ignition. As Dpower has advised, testing with the chip in a different position, or even taking the chip out and flipping it over so the copper antenna is the other way around has thus far solved all the enquiries.

Battery headed keys dont have this problem....... and the price is coming down to about £13 per key so hold on there boys and stay with it.

carry on!

Battery heads still fail in use - and this could happen anywhere - and if the end customer can not use their key - they may well get the car tow'ed and have a mobile locksmith make a new key at cost of up to £300 ! Then the end customer could be out of pocket by up to £500 ! they may try and get this money back from whoever supplied the battery key that failed on them :? I know this as a fact as it happened to one of our customers !!

That said the battery keys are coiming down to around £16 each ..

:!: I have also sent a link to this site direct to JMA so they can see any errors people may have, So please feel free to add further problems on here for JMA to look into for us all - thanks John :!:

(snip) Battery headed keys dont have this problem....... (snip)

Actually, I believe that to be untrue.

I've had several reports also that there is an issue with the Ford Transit and battery headed keys not functioning due to the unusual antenna position on them. I don't want this to devolve into a "which product is better" debate, but we are taking this issue seriously and want to offer accurate information on our product range (which includes both machines).

Guest Keyman

Hi All

Thanks for all the replies, I did try the Transponder the other way around, but i havent tried to hold it in different positions as D-Power suggests, however if that does work, where do i place the transponder if it doesnt work in the key recess?

Thanks again for your help

Hi All

Thanks for all the replies, I did try the Transponder the other way around, but i havent tried to hold it in different positions as D-Power suggests, however if that does work, where do i place the transponder if it doesnt work in the key recess?

Thanks again for your help

Well, if it works whilst it's being held near the ignition, you can try dropping the chip straight into the recess and cutting down the holder slightly to keep it in place.

Guest Keyman

Hi all

I tried this in ever possible angle today without any joy whatsoever, have ordered dealer key now and will programme in.

Thanks for your advice, but avoid ID67 for the near future.

HTH

** This is the reply direct from JMA - Please understand that the English is Not 100% so please bare with it :? Thank you - but that said please have a read and pass on any information you can, thankyou **

Dear John,

Here below I send you the reply the Transponder Responsible sent me:

“Regarding to Not well copied transponders:

FORD (2007)

Recently I have notice that there are some new models in USA, (such us MERCURY MILAN 2006/2008, MERCURY MARINER 2008, FORD TAURUS 2008, LINCON ZEPHIR 2008, that have changed the usual TP20 used by Ford.

I suppose that this also can happen in Australia with the FORD TERRITORY and the ESCAPE models.

In Europe I have no notice about it with the current models.

We will have a look to the new FORD KUGA.

They use a new TP that it has not been analyzed yet in our electronic department.

As soon as we have a look, we can see if it possible or not to copy it.

In Silca machine the code of this transponders is 6F, and they are not also prepared to copy them yet.

So, once that you have inserted such key in our machine and gives you Texas Crypto and you make a copy, if the engine do not start, please let us know which car model was and send back to us the wrong key and we will ex-change for a new one, free of charge Of course.

TOYOTA (ID67)

I will never said that our machine is infallible, but it is quite amazing that this car does not work.

I mean, in our TRS5000 test battery in TOYOTA dealer we make keys copies from different AVENSIS, COROLLA SEDAN, HIGHLANDER, LAND CRUISER and YARIS.

As I told you before, if you find a car that it is updated in the TRS5000, it is as easy as notice to us which model it is, and send us the VIN number of the car in order that we can buy the key.

In the next forthcoming future, we will prepare software in order to enable you to send a challenge-response procedure to this key, and we manage to work with this info.

But coming to the YARIS issue, could you tell me the following info:

1)TRS5000 review what you are using?

2)Are you trying to make the copy in stand alone mode or working with the PC?

3)Review of the PC software if you are making the copy with the program..?

4) About internal code of the YARIS read with AD90, is something similar to :

PW 33 ID 2D

MC 12 xxxxxxx

Because this is one of the models that we have tested successfully here, so..

As I told you before, please send me back this key and JMA will send you back a new blank key to replace it.

As always, I want to tell once again, that if you find something wrong, please tell us in order to study the issue, fix it, and once solved insert it in the next review.

Of course, each key wrong cut for such thing, send us and we will send you back a blank new one.”

Best Regards,

JMA

Guest Keyman

Hi John

First let me thank you for some excellent aftersales support, its rare to see someone so dedicated to support that you are =D> =D>

I will get full details from the vehicle on Monday and post here and hopefully JMA will be able to solve the problem :D

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

A guy came in today with an audi a4 key, popped it in the trs5000 and it said, TP 04 TEMIC FIXED, COPY ON TP 05. It was a laser type key, you know the one with the wiggly groove cut up the center of the key, anyway I cut it and programed the key, and it wouldnt work, it started the car but engine cut out after a few seconds. Now according to the trs500 it has copied the code ok, so has anyone got any ideas why it will not work.

Cheers. :wink:

A guy came in today with an audi a4 key, popped it in the trs5000 and it said, TP 04 TEMIC FIXED, COPY ON TP 05. :wink:

What is the year of the vehicle?

In our knowledge (and also for JMA), Audi have never used Temic transponders, and in detail for audi A4 we have:

1995-1996 Megamos Fixed (Silca Id=13, JMA TP01) on side cutted keys

1996-1997 Megamos Fixed (Silca Id=13, JMA TP01) on center cutted keys

1997-2004 Megamos Crypt (Silca Id=48, JMA TP08) on center cutted keys

2005-...... Megamos Crypt precoded (Silca ID=A2, JMA TP25)on center cutted keys.

Is possible that TRS5000 have read wrong the the transponder, generally if there are not a sofware problem, this can be due to an electro-magnetic interference caused by computer monitor, power supply, and other electronic devices near to the machine.

So if you have the possibility, try to read again the original key taking care that there are no electronic devices too close to TRS5000

This is why I posted in the -TRS5000 FAILURES. The machine gave me the wrong reading, so it failed, cost me a customer and a blank. Was told today by sks that it was imposible to give that reading. well I am sorry but it did, and now the chip I copied it to reads the same. Maybe the computer monitor did give some sort of feedback, but I was not aware or made aware that this could prove a problem. :twisted:

Have to back up x minit uk on this one. I have a 2007 VW Transporter & it comes up on the TRS5000 as TP04 Temic Fixed.

On my RW2, it comes up as the correct crypto chip. The TRS will copy it onto TP05 chip & everything looks as it should but obviously won't work.