Shoe Repairer Forum

Cheap Engraver?

Guest sifis_samos

Guest sifis_samos

Guys i am thinking in the future to buy a simple engaving machine..i will not need something too sophisticated, but something simple to make tags ,mark keys and simple small signs...i saw recently a Giotto machine and it surelly exceeds my needs,but 4500e are tooo much for me this moment..are there any other options?.maybe second hand or a cheaper model?..i am all new to this project so excuse me for my lack of knowledge! :mrgreen:

Have a chat with the guys at Gravograph i am sure they will be able to point you in the right direction. They have machines for all pockets and wont rip you off. I got one from them and have never looked back, mind you it did cost £3500 but has been well worth it.

I would recommend a little gem too. if you only want to do small bits and bobs. great machine for jewellery, zippo's, pet tags, trophy plates and small signs

or if you can stretch a bit more try looking for a second hand IS200 from gravo. it's a tough old work horse. invaluable in my shop

Guest sifis_samos
I agree with Andy, I would try and stretch to a is200tx, as he says they are invaluable in our work place.

what might be the price for a second hand one?..i ask because i am not ready yet to buy it as i am a bit tight on economics,but propably at the end of summer i will think about it seriously!..

Guest sifis_samos

how about ROLAND EGX-20 or EGX-30?..I found the importer here in Greeceand i am waiting now for a reply about prices etc...also ROLAND METAZZA is looking atractive for small stuff!..Whats your oppinion?