Delivery charges

Hi all

I am trying to set up the new website and have come to a halt on the issue of how much delivery to charge, how do u all differentiate between large and small parcels etc. I could have set a one off delivery charge but then it would mean for instance charging 7.99 or so for one medal. Will be using paypal for the checkout and there is the option to set a sliding scale for different value orders but its all done on value and not size or weight. Obviously i'll lose on some orders and gain on others but cant think of a fair way from a customers point of view how to scale it.

Any ideas greatly appreciated

I would do as planetUK900 suggests but I would state that the price includes delivery. I have never trusted anyone who states "Free Delivery" as I know it is not "Free".

On the same lines as UK900 but just a bit different, it also saves calculating postage on each item.

If it takes off in a big way you could always go for a carrrier contract and get a fixed price for every parcel no matter what size or weight. The mini ones could then be seperated out at a lower cost via Royal Mail (just a thought not a suggestion).