this is the best start to the new year ever!

18 months ago i changed banks to keep clear of £150 per month charges (which they had charged me back then) despite being fully in credit!

the bank i am now at my full free banking is coming to an end, and then i will be getting free banking on 50% of my banking - i was holding my breath wondering whether to change banks again.

today 4th jan, my old bank manager knowing it was due around now called to see me to try to 'poach' me back for an 18 month period - despite having charged me £150 each month till i changed - as if i will go back!

well i had to pop into my new bank to get £200 of change for the saturday trading, and my new bank manager was there so i rubbed his nose in it - by letting him know that Lloyds wanted me back etc; and nearly fell over when he said to book in to see him to make sure i wouldn't want to leave. i was only joking with him at the time, so i am really glad it is going to be favourable not to move banks again.

i know free banking is available at abbey, problem for me is getting change. they never have it and say i would have to order it in advance.

Guest Iain Cheall

I'm with abbey and hate them, you can't do anything in branch except use the cash point. It takes about a week to put cash into your account and longer for cheques. Thinking of swapping to natwest or barclays but it's finding the time to go and see them

if you have a local Halifax branch try the bank of scotland. We changed last year and have had excellent service. 1 years free banking with intrest on accounts in credit. we use a high intrest savings account to pay takings into and transfer funds once a month into our current account to cover payments, both accounts pay intrest on credit.

I'm with abbey and hate them, you can't do anything in branch except use the cash point. It takes about a week to put cash into your account and longer for cheques.

I've used a personal current account with Abbey for over seventeen years for business only use, free of any charges & receive over £300 interest P.A. as a bonus, They handle all DD, SO, Charge card transactions along with the usual cheques & cash.

I can have an Overdraft facility too if required. :)

I'm guessing you use their Business Banking Iain?

Guest Iain Cheall

Im Limited so yes I do use their business banking. I have my personel accounts with them and have found the quickest way to get cash into my business account is to pay it into my personel account and BACS payment it into my business account, this takes 4 working days.