Shoe Repairer Forum

foamex board

Absolutely! read my blog to see my first ever sign using this stuff.

It comes in different qualities, colours, thicknesses & types.

if your an idiot like me who thinks "I can do that" then phones a company with absolutely no knowledge of the subject what so ever they are incredibly helpfull as well!

Lee

Yer mean to say you made the sign yourself? I'm impressed.

Wish that stuff was available when I was active. Vinyl lettering-cut yer own, wow.

dont know it it would work but, what about that stuff they use for uPVC cladding, I saw some yesterday that was in a large sheet that they were cutting to size for a soffit fixing, the piece they cut was about 3 foot square and very smooth, about quarter inch thick!!! Looked like expanded foam in the middle.

dont know it it would work but, what about that stuff they use for uPVC cladding, I saw some yesterday that was in a large sheet that they were cutting to size for a soffit fixing, the piece they cut was about 3 foot square and very smooth, about quarter inch thick!!! Looked like expanded foam in the middle.

If you look at my page http://www.cobb-lees.com/signwriting on the right hand side in the image gallery is a silver sign I made for the shop next door, I used the original board which is uPVC cladding which I know the original source was one of the window suppliers on a local industrial estate.

The good thing about uPVC is you can get end caps, covered & caped fixings etc, so they make a nice looking sign blank.

Lee