Shoe Repairer Forum

Keys cut right

I'm interested in the fact

Timpson have been ahead of locksmiths by 11.2% in keys cut correctly

You would think, if anything Locksmiths would be ahead.

Lee, you have quite a large Locksmiths Company ALS in your town, what are your experiance in this?

One of the local locksmiths (quite large) locally do cut keys, but its my understanding this isn't the area they concentrate on & often have no one in-house so delays are often seen. I have quite a good relationship with them, with recommendations passing both ways. However from what I have heard and seen, I would like to think my success rate is higher! but who ever really knows! The most annoying problem I have is one of the local locksmiths (ALS) use there own locks of which I've never been able to find a blank to suit or fit the locks.

Despite having a lock and key and sending it around the country I still can't do them! most frustrating! :twisted:

your only as good as the last key you cut! (and that one worked :lol: )

Lee

We use chubb m3 for our cen rated patent cylinder

Chubb RKS for our mortice range

We also stock Mul-t-lock garisson range

Lee there was a blank that does their evva keys, TWF2U not sure where we got them from. Peter Coulson from siserve first told us about them a few years ago,its a profile to do alot of those evva keys and I think Evva have tried to stop there production. I look into it in the new year

Dan what restricted/patented profile do you have?

Lee I don't think I got Mine from davenports, it wasn't a branded key such as HD or Silca but they did work ALS evva locks.

Not sure they'll be to happy if you cut them?

Depends how good your working relation is with them I guess.

I'm interested in the fact

Timpson have been ahead of locksmiths by 11.2% in keys cut correctly

You would think, if anything Locksmiths would be ahead.

Lee, you have quite a large Locksmiths Company ALS in your town, what are your experiance in this?

they take it as a general test from various competitors not individuals wether this is accurate i'm not sure

• 2 weeks later...
thats right. we survey all types of competitiors and our own branches continuously via our mystery shopping division. locksmiths are consistently poor a cutting keys but not as worse as market stalls. we are not perfect but we spend a lot of effort in getting it right first time

james

Is it just me or was the the worst bit of grammer that was not right first time ?

I can be bad but come on james -2 points "must try harder"

[

Is it just me or was the the worst bit of grammer that was not right first time ?

People in glass houses springs to mind here!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we were to admonish everyone who posted for their gammar or spelling then I doubt if there would be any posts at all.!!!

We are not writing a letter by longhand with quill and ink, but in the majority of cases by a hurried single finger without the backup of a grammar & spellchecker.

You should also bear in mind ITShop that many postees, myself included, have not had the luxury of a formal education as far as English Grammar is concerned, we developed far more important life skills.

To critisize 1 member for bad grammar is akin to stabbing all of us in the back, please be more tolerant.

Is it just me or was THAT the worst bit of grammar that was not right first time?

posts at all.!!!

posts at all!!! You cannot have a stop. after !

The IT Shop -3 points

Hugh -2 points

JT - 1 points

Who will win the 2007 prize for worst grammar in a post, perhaps not Corlas!

Health to everyone!

:mrgreen:

Lee

I can put a full stop wherever I want..........................

There is a law about discrimination against full stops!!!!..................

You are going to be reported to SPAMERS

Society for

Protection

Against

Multiple Stop

Eradication in

Repair

Shops

You have been warned......................BE AFRAID.............!!!!!!!!!!!!