Shoe Repairer Forum

Having sold an unusually large number of patchers recently, is this work on the up? I remember making a fortune some weeks stitching new elastics and re-stitching brogue uppers :shock: Mind you, it took me a while before finding out that a long arm patcher existed :(

Keith

Having sold an unusually large number of patchers recently, is this work on the up? I remember making a fortune some weeks stitching new elastics and re-stitching brogue uppers :shock: Mind you, it took me a while before finding out that a long arm patcher existed :(

Keith

Why does one need a Long Arm to stitch elastics and Brogues Keith?

Where have all these Patchers been going to?

Have to disagree in part because the long arm has a larger shuttle box carrying a larger bobbin. while this is fine and advantageous for many jobs it does not allow you to get down into the toe area as far as a short arm one does, due to the width and depth. The long arm Adler on the other hand has a small Singer short arm type shuttle box and gives the best of both worlds, that's why I asked the question, Singer or Adler.

Blimey, when I posted this I didn't expect such a reaction. :shock:

Adler long arm patchers are very goo, reliable and extremely useful. Singer patchers are in very short supply, but I have a new option on them from the far east. they appear to be very good in operation and have so far caused no problems with reliability while they've been on test.

As far as 'pushing' Adlers because they are in stock, forget it. Second hand/recon are also in short supply. Unless you want to buy a new one, around £4000 on a stand :shock:

Keith

As far as testing is concerned, lets just say it's a multiple. It's a copy of the 29k and has been very good so far. They can be motorised and bench mounted if required. If you would like more information either e-mail or PM me and I'll do what I can to assist :D

Singer long arms in decent working order are very rare now. However, getting reliable parts for them is a bit hit and miss in our experiance.

Therefore, we prefer the Adler route, the 30/10 model in particular, as there is no problem with parts and they are ultra reliable.

The £4000 ish, includes a base and motor!!

These machines can actually create more revenue than your blake machine in most shops!

Keith

just to put in my pennys' worth here, you can get singers and adler long and short arm with large or small bobbins, we have most types available from stock ready to be reconditioned. we also sell new Claes (Textima) patchers which we will be showing at Sandown, we have sold these already and the customers have been very pleased with them despite the cost (quite a bit less than 4000 with motorised base)

we have also been looking at imported new heads mainly chinese or taiwanese but they are not as good and quantities would have to be stocked.

Taken over a the lifetime of the machine, this is the most profitable piece of equipment in the Repair trade. (not counting any machines in any other services).

So it's chinese then :lol: I'll stick with what I've got :wink:

my hammers been the most profitable piece of equipment, every two hits gets me £4.99

And I nicked it from Mr minit 20 years ago :lol:

And I nicked it from Mr minit 20 years ago :lol:

If it's a Barnsley London pattern No2 it's mine.

Was nicked from Tewkesbury branch in the late 80's along with some other of my own tools,

I was on a weeks leave at the time & the relief guy turns up with out any tools at all, so I left a few basics, he asked about my knife, I told him to sod off, I'm not leaving that here so you can grind it away on the naum keg

• 1 month later...

Sounds interesting!!!!

Any chance of a picture shoing the detail?

Hope you did not nick it from a well known company still in existance in other countries. UK900 has admitted theft on an internation site,, could he be prostituted by Tel or Minit ?

I can just see UK90s new service addition.

MAILBAGS SEWN WHILE-U-WAIT. :lol: :lol: :lol: