Shoe Repairer Forum

Monday morning gripe!

Why are there two exhibitions a week apart?  Would like to have attended both, but putting them so close together isn't great in my opinion.  I'd have thought it would make much better sense to spread them apart a bit.  I'm going to Alex in Nottingham this weekend, but I doubt those going to Nottingham would then want to go to Bristol the next weekend for the Shoe Repair exhibition.

Is it just me or if you were planning an event wouldn't you check what else was happening and spread things around a bit?  Maybe it's just the challenge of finding venues at the right price?

The Bristol one is a wholesalers (T.Colledge) event so guessing the dates are to suit, Alex in Nottingham is not their market they quite probably know nothing of it. As you mention as well getting venue within budget is a nightmare - I know they tried for a week after but it was impossible and later would not work at all. The dates for Cutting Edge are now booked through 2020 and both of those had to be negotiated because our original dates were already booked at the venues!

For information there will be a smaller exhibition in Edinburgh 29th September 2019 and we return to the Motorcycle Museum in Coventry for our main exhibition 4th October 2020

Hi

Alex is every two year the first week in October - unless the hotel sells the exhibition setup day (friday) to a engagement party (more dosh) then say oops sorry we made a mistake so it is next weekend - Now Lockexpo is usually the first weekend in March - and for 2019 I have a signed contract he said hopefully - BUT yes alex is more vehicle related not a sole in sight 

NEC is a killer as are other bigger venues, cost is a major importance to exhibitor as it ease of journeys I have booked an exhibition on 1/12 to attend £8.95 to get in £12 to park the car - Train 4 hours each way - The M/C museum I had a spat with went to look having made an appointment to be met by frosty knickers on reception who told me to wait outside with the dogs - (I had spoken about bringing them as I was off elsewhere afterwards) Then kept waiting 30 mins for the 'sales' to come down. I got pissed and pissed off. This was a for a different show for another sector.

Telford is terrible expensive, nothing to do in the area also difficult to get to 

Ricoh is difficult and expensive

NEC expensive and restrictive

Al lot you have to have carpet - they sell it to you, their electricians, their catering, their porters not allowed to move products without a porter you have to have shell schemes they sell it o you tables chairs all at huge cost so a 20K hire get to be £40K before you even sell a space.