Hi All

I just wondered whether any of you suffer long term issues with hands, back pain and joints due to many years doing the job, so to speak? I certainly do, pain in the ****! :-(

47 minutes ago, Auto Key Wizard said:

38 years in the job and no noticeable issues.

That would be due to too much sitting is a chair

Do you carry our Shoe Repairs?

Back pain!

Apparently worst culprits of lower back pain:

Driving = 19 years as a rep!

Half bending = Standing at finisher all day for the last 5 years

Using vibrating machinery = See above!

Put me down now!

Hands mainly.  Notice the pain in the morning when I wake up.  Particularly bad if we've been busy on repairs.  My grandfather had ulcerated leg apparently due to using the stirrup on a last for years.

2 bad shoulders, had numerous cortisone and other treatments but just comes back after a few months, my dad had the same issues, maybe the way I do the work, possibly the way he trained me when I was an apprentice...

30+ years, no ailments but do struggle with lifting push bikes on and off a stand all day now, often leave work with a back ache but that’s only the last 3 years!

On 9/13/2018 at 12:33 PM, Simes said:

Hands mainly.  Notice the pain in the morning when I wake up.  Particularly bad if we've been busy on repairs.  My grandfather had ulcerated leg apparently due to using the stirrup on a last for years.

there is an exercise you can do for the hands and wrists - no not that one lol

Front crawl swimming NOT breast stroke  ( unfortunately)  which strengthens the arm and hand parts you are on about.

Well i've got Raynaud's disease i.e "white finger" from working the machines over the years. Pain, numbness & piss poor circulation  in the fingers & thumb on my right hand. Only for the first half hour of most winter months. Simple fix is to run it in hot water for a little bit & use a stress ball to warm up the hand. Other than that nothing to moan about lol 

3 hours ago, chrisorros said:

Well i've got Raynaud's disease i.e "white finger" from working the machines over the years. Pain, numbness & piss poor circulation  in the fingers & thumb on my right hand. Only for the first half hour of most winter months. Simple fix is to run it in hot water for a little bit & use a stress ball to warm up the hand. Other than that nothing to moan about lol 

Sound familiar Chris!!! I've been told I have something similar, anything I do with my wrist can give me cramp in no time!!!!

4 hours ago, chrisorros said:

Start the swimming, this will help - rather than drugs, rest etc