Sign in to follow this  
CDTL

Computerised Key Cutting Machines

Morning everyone its been a while now since the Keyline Ninja Total , JMA Muliticode, and Silca Futura Pro has come out,

any updates on which would be the best machine to purchase would really help.

i did have a couple of demos JMA and Keyline, JMA went well Keyline went not so well

thanks in advance 

I've recently did a A/B on the Futura Pro & had it sat right next to the Keyline . What I like about the key line was that it worked better with Instacode It's considerably cheaper But what I really don't like about it is that when cutting a key it does it in one pass ,not great if cutting a hard steel key with deep cuts or any key having said that .One of the suppliers reps have told me that this can not be altered & that the motor is strong enough to deal with it ?  In my opinion I don't believe that they know what they are talking about . I've contacted Keyline Head office & suggested that it could just be a software update & they agreed & are looking into it .If they do update it I'd go for the Keyline . I was put off the JMA machine because it won't work with Instacode . I also don't like the idea of paying for updates on the Silca machine .

instacode didnt cost 9k , but it does indeed cost to keep up to date , i have instacode for 15 years , so the cost to buy outright and then the 2 updates per year every year for 15 years , so does cost money to keep up to date .

my ninja laser gets updates free for the life of the machine , however if wanting to run with instacode then instacode must be up to date which has a cost twice a year.

ive not had to pay for an update on my viper to date either and had this for 14 years if memory right and 10 years on the back of a van , best workhorse investment i made .

i cant fault either of these machines , though my older viper i suspect will outlive the rest of my machines .