here is something that has confused me, you buy a house, buy to let, say 175K and then rent it out - round here it gives about £600 a month

Buy a cobbler's business?

I know mine would give far greater return than that, I have 3 staff and still make more?

So what is wrong with this trade?

A mate was telling me that you have not got a business unless it runs without you..

Perhaps he is right.

1 hour ago, k4mrc said:

here is something that has confused me, you buy a house, buy to let, say 175K and then rent it out - round here it gives about £600 a month

Buy a cobbler's business?

I know mine would give far greater return than that, I have 3 staff and still make more?

So what is wrong with this trade?

A mate was telling me that you have not got a business unless it runs without you..

Perhaps he is right.

Your mate is right!!!  it needs to run without you and still make a profit, not easy thing to achieve.

17 hours ago, cobbcas said:

If the machines all work why replace??

Anybody would think you sell them!

You've missed the point, read my post again!  It's all about investment in your business, from a financial  and personal perspective, if it looks like a shit hole and old, it will tell you all you need to know about the business and the owner.  Having said that, it could be a massive opportunity, but also a big gamble.

12 minutes ago, keithm said:

You've missed the point, read my post again!  It's all about investment in your business, from a financial  and personal perspective, if it looks like a shit hole and old, it will tell you all you need to know about the business and the owner.  Having said that, it could be a massive opportunity, but also a big gamble.

Whether it's a dive or not, the accounts will help determine prospects.  If it's a dive but profits increasing year on year then, it's definitely an opportunity.  If it's a dive and stagnant, then it's an opportunity.  If profits are declining, is it because of poor investment or other reasons?  It may still be an opportunity.

5 minutes ago, Simes said:

Whether it's a dive or not, the accounts will help determine prospects.  If it's a dive but profits increasing year on year then, it's definitely an opportunity.  If it's a dive and stagnant, then it's an opportunity.  If profits are declining, is it because of poor investment or other reasons?  It may still be an opportunity.

Which is basically what I've said.

4 hours ago, keithm said:

I've checked the original post again it only mentions old machines! 

24 minutes ago, cobbcas said:

I've checked the original post again it only mentions old machines! 

"all machines.  If there was a lack of investment in those, then there would definately be a lack of investment, vision, from the owner"

I don't sell engraving or key machines and my point was a lack of investment across the business, ie, the latter part of my comment above!

cant give figures over net but happy speaking to someone face to face all machines spot on blake, victor, hardo finisher usuall compressor guns  massive shop door either end backs on to market lancer plus silca cylinder  is200 engraver large trophy and merchandise area, own watch repair area

haven't advertised anywhere just testing waters on here I may put advert in cutting edge possibly

just curious as to see if people are buying that was all

Banbury Shop.png