Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Customer came in for a pair of shoes, but had lost the repair receipt.

"OK, could I have your name and a brief description!" I asked.

She gave me her name and said. " pink and in a plastic bag"

Thinking of what shoes were available I was puzzled, then realized,

"I'm sorry , have you just described  the repair receipt to me?"

" Yes, the shoes were brown sandals."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The one that's bugging me at the moment that I'm constantly getting....

"Can I have some laces please?"

"Yes, what length would you like?"

"Don't know!!"

"How many holes down one side?"

"Don't know!!"

WHY WOULD ANYONE GO OUT TO BUY LACES WITHOUT MEASURING THE OLD ONES OR HAVING THE SLIGHTEST CLUE TO WHAT LENGTH THEY NEED!!! :x:x

Honestly, it drives me batty, I end shrugging my shoulders and saying " well if you don't know then I've got no chance!!"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cowers lane 583 said:

First world problem, customer comes in for a pair of 75cm brown laces. I show her them, at that time I had 8 different shades of brown in 75cm . None were exactly what she wanted. 

And I thought I was bad with shades of polish 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fed up of shoecare. Too many stupid questions, too much space wasted on my stock shelves and takes up around 40% of my display space.

no matter how much I have and all different types of things it never seems to be what they want

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Count Muppet said:

Fed up of shoecare. Too many stupid questions, too much space wasted on my stock shelves and takes up around 40% of my display space.

no matter how much I have and all different types of things it never seems to be what they want

Thats why i scaled down to bare minimum and use space for more profitable  items

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Count Muppet said:

Fed up of shoecare. Too many stupid questions, too much space wasted on my stock shelves and takes up around 40% of my display space.

no matter how much I have and all different types of things it never seems to be what they want

Recently (prob before Xmas) double my display of shoecare. Tripled my range of laces, even though  my shop is very small. Could not be happier with the results, although my pricing is very aggressive, but makes it very/fairly profitable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, cowers lane 583 said:

Recently (prob before Xmas) double my display of shoecare. Tripled my range of laces, even though  my shop is very small. Could not be happier with the results, although my pricing is very aggressive, but makes it very/fairly profitable.

Shoe care profitable.....    I find that hard to believe especially with aggressive pricing   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem is you have to shift a lot of this stuff to justify the retail space which is almost impossible, but then without it you haven't got it to offer and your rapport on repairs may suffer which is the only reason why I haven't stopped selling the stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Fast Fix Elgin said:

Shoe care profitable.....    I find that hard to believe especially with aggressive pricing   

I work  generally a 200% margin.  

I also expanded my range because I kept finding myself directing customers just up the road or on line, which is crazy. ( unless they are after something so precise like some of the creams.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2018 at 9:18 AM, Michael said:

The one that's bugging me at the moment that I'm constantly getting....

"Can I have some laces please?"

"Yes, what length would you like?"

"Don't know!!"

"How many holes down one side?"

"Don't know!!"

WHY WOULD ANYONE GO OUT TO BUY LACES WITHOUT MEASURING THE OLD ONES OR HAVING THE SLIGHTEST CLUE TO WHAT LENGTH THEY NEED!!! :x:x

Honestly, it drives me batty, I end shrugging my shoulders and saying " well if you don't know then I've got no chance!!"

 

This is normally followed up by “is there a pair in there or just one lace?” 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iam asked for the price of  a front door key,  when i ask what type of lock  "its just a normal front door"  Funny they somtimes mean cylinder somtimes mortice and occasionaly euro.

God bless the British public

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Customer: Do you do keys?

Me: Yes we do

Customer: It’s for one of those white doors

Me: Okay, do you have it with you?

Customer: No

Me: Okay, next time you’re passing bring it in and I’ll copy it for you

Customer: Can’t you just give me one that will work anywhere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, SteelCityShoes said:

Customer: Do you do keys?

Me: Yes we do

Customer: It’s for one of those white doors

Me: Okay, do you have it with you?

Customer: No

Me: Okay, next time you’re passing bring it in and I’ll copy it for you

Customer: Can’t you just give me one that will work anywhere?

One of those magical “skeleton keys” ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×