5 minutes ago, SteelCityShoes said:

Guess I need to re-evaluate my working habits 

Happy Easter guys 

If you open and make a decent/acceptable amount of money, then you were right to open. If I felt I was going to do maybe £100, I'd have opened.

Had Friday off....came in Saturday to find some kind (a**e) soul had put their fist through my front window!!!

Two short weeks in school holidays, in a time when trade's not good anyway, and now out of pocket with this!

I'm honestly getting to the point of giving in, totally F***ed off with it all :x

36 minutes ago, gavin said:

Chin UP ...Michael

I'm trying, and hate giving up but not sure where it's all going!

As I've said before, I honestly think high street retail is on it's arse, and I can't see any way back in the foreseeable future.

My wife wants me to shut and get another job but I've worked here since I was 15 and owned the business for 25 years and it's hard to let go.

Things are not desperate yet, and some days give you hope but then things like this happen!

Maybe I do need a complete work-life change.

I came in this morning to find my window vandalised too. This isn’t the first time, one was replaced last year. 

Anyone know if I can get my landlord to pay for a shutter to be fitted or would that fall to me?

No harm in trying, but I'll be amazed if they agree to pay. When the train co "rebuilt" my shop, we were discussing the front, they suggested a small window. ( it is a very small shop), I said  I wanted brick wall .  got a brick wall. I've had windows before,  just a complete mare when some shit bag decides to smash it.