Shoe Repairer Forum

It’s a great solvent and makes a great adhesive, but it's not great for your health. Personally I wouldn’t use it again without fume extraction.

Out of curiosity, which glue did you use before and what are you using now?

Used Bondfast and Bostick 50/50

changed to Tek 950 and Bostick 6092, contains Toluene "only use outdoors or in a well ventilated area" (working out on the pavement is not much fun)

Tek 950 " Do not use below 18c"

I thought Toluene had been phased out.?

From £1950 + Vat depending on spec, with or without our 465A activator.  They are only 50cm wide and 75cm deep, are you sure you don't have room?

The filters need changing annually, but it depends how much you use the device :wink: Once you smell yoghurt in the morning they need changing!!!

http://www.standardgroup.co.uk/shoe-repair-machines/air-flo-adhesive-fume-filtration

Keith

Getting rid of 6092 asap, stopped using 50/50 (supply problem)

Trying Renia, What does yoghurt smell like?

Tek 950 and Bostik 6092 are both rubber/leather glues, so if you don’t want toluene, you could ditch the 6092 then stick with the 50/50, tek 2020 or renia syntic for PVC

I've just changed to Supercolle Neo from Colledges on price grounds. (6092 £50 odd, Supercolle £31)

Having read this post i've just checked and it also contains Toluene. I too thought it had been made illegal or been recommended to be removed.

It seems pretty decent adhesive but low and behold i have a stonking headache today!.....Time will tell.

I’ve no complaints with Renia and it seems to keep in the pot better than 6092

Superfix is good if you want to keep separate rubber and plastic glues.

Otherwise Colle De Cologne is really good once you’ve got used to the slightly different ways of using it

Multi Colle is the same as Colle De Cologne but with a shorter open time. It’s good if you do a lot of while you wait jobs but if you work on several pairs at a time you can miss the ideal open time

I’m sure there are others as well but they’re the ones I’ve used most since I ditched Tolulene