Latest news is that timpson are looking at opening barber pods in uk supermarket car parks.

It appears to not be a joke too.

I don’t think he will stop until he puts every independent shop out of business.

Trying to drag all the customers away from town centers to out-of-town, convenient shopping centers, keeping all the multiples together away from the independents!!!

It's part of the reason town centers across the country are full of charity shops and bookies and are dying fast!!

I have a barber's shop opposite and there are 6 full time working there - all self employed NO vat - NO card payments and they are so busy, we do well being by them so imagine this next door to all there units? can only win imo

I was speaking to one of my managers today. Apparently timps sons friend already owns a few of these barber pods and is buying them all. I bet they will have the ex prisoners in them too as they offer a barbering course inside just like they do the repair “training”

now before they started  bogus reviews  I used to enjoy reading about some of the quality service they provide , ruined shoes , keys that don't work mobile phones  totally knackered now in fairness  ( at least when I worked for them ) we used to do the FDP (fair deal pledge refund )  which came I very handy for beer money when you were skint  ( just take an unclaimed repair and drop it in the scourer) , so the point I'm making is  you can replace a watch . shoes , phone  etc that you've f--ed up  bt someones hair cut , wonder how their customer service  team handle this