Sign in to follow this  
exp121260

UMETV MEDIA advertising company.. scam .. Avoid

A company called UMETV MEDIA, which installs TV screens in local post offices and GPs, its a scam and dodgy company (as least in my case), avoid that company completely, this warning for the whole forum members anyway. You might get calls saying we are from local post office , but in fact they are different company using post office brand as a trusted public service so small business trust them and sign up with them, but once you signed and paid your deposit they would not provide the service they promised and if you complain to post office they we can not do anything.. some scam post office managers want to increase their profits as well and do not tell you the truth before you sign in and pay your deposit. 

when they call, first thing they say "calling from local post office" so you do not hang up. Then some one comes to see you the day after and tells you lots of promises and lies, very pushy as they say oh my colleague just about to go to your competition shop so you do not get advert as the monopoly is only given to one shop ! They ask for full payment for one year and if you say NO, then minimum £350 deposit. keep mentioning post office so remind you they are not scams. So, the best thing is do not even let them come to your shop to see you and say no on the phone. They robbing small business with the assistance of some  local post office as in my case I called my local post office and they said "oh yes, they are working with us". 

any one rings me to sell are told to put it in writing,m most wont or cant be bothered.

Sounds like very good Idea, but what really annoy me is the number of times they call a day and interrupt my business.

any one rings me to sell are told to put it in writing,m most wont or cant be bothered.

I told them I wasn’t interested and a salesman turned up the next day “because he was in the area visiting the competition”

Hello, I was browsing the web about this company UmeTV Media, as I unfortunately signed with them. I'll give you a bit of a background, at the beginning of September 2017 a representative of this company came to my tattoo studio, offering what it sounded good to me, I've got two tattoo studios in North Wales and this sort of advertisement sounded like a great idea for such a visual business like the one I run, anyway, signed everything but I said that I couldn't pay what they wanted up front as I was just starting off with my second shop and I was already stretching the money I was investing in my business, so we got to the arrangement that I would just pay initially  £167 to cover the costs of the "graphic design" and then I would pay something like £150/month for a year's contract. I agreed, gave my bank details and that was it. Then the problems started...

- They took around a month to deliver a draft, that was absolutely disgraceful and disappointing. BTW, they took a month because the graphics designer was on holidays.

- When they sent me the final advert, I approved and asked when would the ad be live and they said within 24-48 hrs, this was the last email that I got, this was mid October 2017.

- November 2017, the bank calls me saying that this company wanted to set up a standing order but some of my details were wrong, which it couldn't have been, as I gave my details to the rep, right in front of me and checked before she left my premises. Got in touch with the rep, she got the "guy in charge" to phone me back. I didn't give this person my bank details, because it is dangerous thing to do, so he read my bank details back to me, they were correct. He said that he would sort it with the bank, and that was it. Never heard back from them.

- No money was ever taken from my bank account, during all these months.

_ "The guy in charge" phones me after 3 months, stating that they have been trying to get in touch with me for the last FIVE MONTHS? And that my advert has been played since December?!?!? That I owe them quite a substantial amount of money and that he doesn't "want to call any debt collectors". 

- They couldn't get in touch with me despite the fact that they've got, my two mobile numbers, the landline for the shop, my two shops' addresses and my home address AND email address!!!

Now, I told "the guy in charge" that I am indeed a very busy person and that I corroborated the bank details with him back last year, the money has never been taken out of my account, so, as far as I was concerned everything was forgotten about because believe you me, I know A LOT of people and a lot of people know me, there are not a lot of tattooists around here and even less female tattooists, North Wales is not that big, certainly the areas where I've got my shops are not big and NO single person has ever mentioned any adverts whatsoever, also I haven't had any new business from it, if it's ever been played, purposely put a different phone line so I could track how many new clients I'd get from this infamous advert. Also, as I can see now reading what you wrote guys, they lied when they said "The post office", they don't mean the MAIN post office, they mean a little late stop shop with a post office inside it. 

Called trading standards and the first thing they told me is to check if the advert is actually being played at the post office, so I posted on my business FB, where I got hundreds of followers from my area, to tell me if anyone has seen this adverts, and so far all the answers were negative. I'll get more proof then phone this Scam Advert back and ask them to cancel my contract. according to Trading Standards, if they refuse, I can take them to court. They also said I should call Business Support Service on 0300 060 3000, if this helps anyone. 

Any thoughts will be welcome. Thank you :)