• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#61 StevenB

StevenB

• Moderators
  • 2,955 posts
  • LocationCromer, Norfolk.

Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:50 PM

I don't have too much to say about this, other than for me, it's terrible idea.

A massive backward step for the trade, and time for us to find ourselves a new main supplier.

• kobblers and CDTL like this
StevenB

#62 B.C

B.C

200+ Poster : Intermediate user

• Trade group users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:19 AM

well the trophex show is upon us and I think the Glenway stand will be fun this year - I'm going to watch :)

• kobblers and grahamparker like this

#63 kobblers

kobblers

• Moderators
  • 3,748 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 09:32 AM

well the trophex show is upon us and I think the Glenway stand will be fun this year - I'm going to watch :)

I'll be next to the stand selling popcorn, hot dogs and ice cream.  :smt077

Rick.

• Dean, gav, cowers lane 583 and 1 other like this
if i could make a wish, i think i'd pass, can't think of anything i need.

#64 Lee

Lee

5000+ Maximus Elite super, super user.

• Trade group users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,300 posts
  • LocationEast Coast UK

Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:22 AM

Someone said they’d seen the layout and instead of their normal in the middle by the door position they are in the corner at the back, probably anticipating you lot coming!
Sadly I’m heading to Silverstone for a bike traders show so can’t make it, would be the first time in years I’d like to have gone.
  • kobblers likes this

#65 thekeyvan

thekeyvan

1000+ Poster: Expert user

• Trade group users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:00 PM

I can confirm that they are in roughly the same usual space a few stands have moved this year I have changed from a 3m wide stand to a 8m wide stand but I am still opposite gravograph so if any of you guys coming along next weekend pop onto my stand and say hello the trophex magazine with floor plan can be downloaded from here https://view.joomag....513678071?short

Www.mrfixitwholesale.co.uk will be offering 10% off all orders over £100 placed at show excluding engraving machines but great offers on machines will be available aswell at the show

Craig
  • Lee likes this
www.mrfixitwholesale.co.uk

#66 w12fod

w12fod

5+ Poster: New user

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:10 PM

Over the last couple of weeks I have had numerous calls, texts and emails, as well as

seeing comments on retail forums regarding welovetrophies.com.

This is a site set up in all good faith solely as an aid to our customers in an ever-changing retail

environment; at no point has it, or will it, be intended as a way for Glenway to sell direct to the end

user.

We are a company that has grown over the last 40 years to be the leading trophy wholesaler

in the U.K. and we have not grown to that size without listening to what people say, and listen, we do.

It is obvious that this site doesn’t suit everyone, although it does suit a lot of people, and, with this in

mind, we feel that it is right that our customers have the choice of an alternative catalogue with no

welovetrophies.com references.  An alternative plain catalogue link has already been mailed.

We will also not invest in Google Adwords or SEO as being on the front page of Google could be seen

as being in competition with our own loyal customers.

The welovetrophies.com website will still be up and running with Glenway finishing and despatching

orders for the many people who want to use the service.

We appreciate the concerns raised with regards to newcomers to the trade having an immediate

website to compete and pledge that any new Glenway customers, regardless of trading time, will

not be eligible to use the portal for 12 months.

Finally, we are more than happy to sign a contract agreement with any customer who wishes to use

the portal we have provided to the trade, to prove our commitment as a wholesaler, not a retailer,

and to this end we have produced an 8 point ‘Our Promise to You’ document which emphasises

these commitments.

Best Wishes,

Tim Wilford

• hibsjo(SCO) likes this

#67 Lee

Lee

• Trade group users
  • 7,300 posts
  • LocationEast Coast UK

Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:11 PM

at no point has it, or will it, be intended as a way for Glenway to sell direct to the end User.........

But it does

and we have not grown to that size without listening to what people say, and listen, we do........

You never asked us in the first place

although it does suit a lot of people, and, with this in........

A lot or a minority?

mind, we feel that it is right that our customers have the choice of an alternative catalogue with no
welovetrophies.com references.......

Sounds realistic but I fear most who are against this idea have already made alternative arrangement for suppliers this year (from what I’ve been hearing)

We will also not invest in Google Adwords or SEO as being on the front page of Google could be seen
as being in competition with our own loyal customers........

First page or last page someone will find it, it is in direct competition with online based businesses and those who do like the idea may feel less likely to promote it if it’s not “credible” to their customers

Tim, I like you to bits and have never had reason to question Glenway as a company it did what it said on the tin but no longer, the goal posts have moved I was 100% behind the idea on first inspection but having heard both side of the argument...... I’m seaking alternative “wholesalers” close the site my friend or you’re domed.......
  • kobblers and grahamparker like this

#68 Lee

Lee

• Trade group users
  • 7,300 posts
  • LocationEast Coast UK

Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:32 PM

Positives.......

If I could fill out an engraving form on the new improved wholesale site you’re going to create after this and it was 70p a plate or whatever and delivered next day I’d certainly use this during busy periods or weeks or large orders.

And I do hope if it’s cost effective to reduce carriage charges on the welovetrophies web site that our carriage will also be brought in line on the wholesale site.

What’s the time scale on us all getting our unbranded catalogues through?

#69 Danny King

Danny King

500+ Poster: Advanced user

• Trade group users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:15 PM

So in Felixstowe we have 2 people supplying Trophies from glemway both with a similar postcode.....How is that going to work??????
Turnover is Vanity .... Profit is Sanity

#70 Count Muppet

Count Muppet

• Trade group users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:47 PM

I thought you get your own code to give to the customer?

#71 B.C

B.C

200+ Poster : Intermediate user

• Trade group users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 08:21 AM

Yes you do get your own code, I can see something positive by this system and it is the odd customer (last last minute) that has been in my shop that has needed trophies the next day and not in stock, give them the code if ordered by 2pm they get the trophy order, I get some commision..

#72 Danny King

Danny King

• Trade group users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:48 AM

I believe customers can order with out your code and any commission goes to the nearest glemway supplier....
Turnover is Vanity .... Profit is Sanity

#73 StevenB

StevenB

• Moderators
  • 2,955 posts
  • LocationCromer, Norfolk.

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:28 AM

As I understand it, the customer can use your discount code (account number) to get 2% discount off their order. 

This is apparently enough discount to persuade them to use the code & get the sale linked to you, though I remain to be convinced...

If they don't use your code, the sale gets allocated to the nearest 'loyal' retailer by post code. Though the precise criteria for becoming considered a 'loyal' customer haven't been explained.

And after 23 years of Glenway being our main supplier, I fear I've made enough comments online to no longer be classed as 'loyal', time will tell...

• kobblers likes this
StevenB

#74 windycity

windycity

• Trade group users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:54 AM

ref post code payment

eg my customer is in the office at work

he orders from his desk using his company card

which has the address and post code to his place of work.

This happens to be 20 miles away from the shop he would normally pop into

or he used the link on the website but does not input shop code and uses his work postcode.

totally different post code to shop so how does that work? 

I guess win win for glenway not the trophy shop.

#75 Graham

Graham

50+ Poster: Established user

• Trade group users
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:44 PM

Yes you do get your own code, I can see something positive by this system and it is the odd customer (last last minute) that has been in my shop that has needed trophies the next day and not in stock, give them the code if ordered by 2pm they get the trophy order, I get some commision..

You could also take the order yourself, then call and order the items for delivery to you and you make even more money.  Then they could just pop back to collect.

#76 hibsjo(SCO)

hibsjo(SCO)

2000+ Poster: High rank user

• Trade group users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:36 PM

Just had an enquiry from iceland  (the country) for trophies want to order them and have them delivered to an address in the uk

lets see how this works ive directed them to the website with my discount code

carry on!

#77 Freebird

Freebird

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:46 PM

What are the VAT repercussions? Who will pay the VAT and who issues the VAT invoice? I assume it will be Glenway so the customer willl see this as soon as they request a VAT invoice for their records.

Furthermore, if Glenway continue to insist that they have not entered the retail market then I'd believe this if they told Google not to index their site - welovetrophies.com. This is very easily done and consequently they would not be directly competing against other retail sites in the google rankings.

#78 Lee

Lee

• Trade group users
  • 7,300 posts
  • LocationEast Coast UK

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:30 PM

so, ive not taken a single trophy this week. but have just had an email detailing a credit to my account..... so on one hand I'm out on the other I'm in..... still tricky knowing what was to handle this one. imo

• cowers lane 583 likes this

#79 michael26uk

michael26uk

• Trade group users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:44 PM

so, ive not taken a single trophy this week. but have just had an email detailing a credit to my account..... so on one hand I'm out on the other I'm in..... still tricky knowing what was to handle this one. imo

I've not had a credit to my account as yet, but I'm thinking the same.

A little unsure because of all the negativity and thinking maybe I'm missing the point, but free money for doing nothing!!!!!

HELL YEAH.... I'M IN!!

• kobblers likes this

Quick Service Shoe Repairs
    Keys•Trophies•Engraving

#80 hibsjo(SCO)

hibsjo(SCO)

2000+ Poster: High rank user

• Trade group users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:33 AM

well no email telling me ive had a credit.

i dont know if customer actually placed an order

but will be checking

carry on!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users